Princess Noura University English teachers?

Theres heaps of English teaching positions that need to be filled. We're about 150 teachers short. Send your application to the Princess Nora HR Department, they will be in touch with you if you qualify

This is pretty much the case with all the Saudi universities due to high turn-over.  They don't make much of an attempt to retain employees (most HR positions are filled by Saudis and they have a lot to learn).

The problem stems from a very unprofessional and badly managed HR department more than anything else. People like to be treated as human beings and it is not surprising that many, especially professionals, will not compromise their dignity for a job or pay packet.

It is time PNU first hire some decent HR people before they start recruting lecturers

musicman wrote:

The problem stems from a very unprofessional and badly managed HR department more than anything else. People like to be treated as human beings and it is not surprising that many, especially professionals, will not compromise their dignity for a job or pay packet.

It is time PNU first hire some decent HR people before they start recruting lecturers

Egg-ZACTLY! :top:

(And in my experience, yours too, I am sure, MM, this problem isn't unique to PNU--it's just extremely visible there based on sheer volume of employees required.)

One of the main reasons this issue has become so visible and aware at PNU is cos the teachers involved have all been from USA who have taken a very strong attitude towards the treatment meted out to them and made sure that they were given what they were promised by way of contract or they quit. They also made sure that all their friends in Riyadh were aware of what was going on. In most other cases the expats choose not to share such info or even quit their jobs for their own, personal, reasons.

I AM 1ST CLASS GOVT ENGLISH LECTURER AND INTERESTED IN APPLYING  IN PNU AND NEED GUIDANCE

Please check out their website as give on this thread and send them your resume

[email protected]

SYEDAH AYESHA wrote:

I AM 1ST CLASS GOVT ENGLISH LECTURER AND INTERESTED IN APPLYING  IN PNU AND NEED GUIDANCE

Caaaalm down Charlie Brown

princeryd wrote:

[email protected]

What?

takes all flavors to make this planet, kittycat

I am looking for Teaching Job in Princes Noura University.

Since you are in Riyadh you could easily visit the University and hand over your resume to their HR department which should facilitate your objective

Can anyone give me feedback on the job offers received from SIST teach English PYP programme for PNU since Nov 2012

Respected Concern ,
                                My name is M.A.Nafeesa ,I'm an Indian ,married ; settled in Riyadh for past 5 years ,my education qualifications are as follows:
Bachelor in History in Madras University .
Masters in Public Administration (Gold Medalist ) in Madras University.
Masters of Philosophy in Public Affairs in Madras University.
Currently doing my Ph.D in Public Affairs ,in Madras University .
I will be very glad to work  in your institution in teaching or in any management department .My schooling was done in a English Convent ,I can write, speak & read English fluently .Kindly except my CV ,I will be sincere,honest and dedicated to my job .Thank you .
                                                                                      Yours faithful ,
                                                                                       M.A.Nafeesa .

Maeesha rafi wrote:

Respected Concern ,
                                My name is M.A.Nafeesa ,I'm an Indian ,married ; settled in Riyadh for past 5 years ,my education qualifications are as follows:
Bachelor in History in Madras University .
Masters in Public Administration (Gold Medalist ) in Madras University.
Masters of Philosophy in Public Affairs in Madras University.
Currently doing my Ph.D in Public Affairs ,in Madras University .
I will be very glad to work  in your institution in teaching or in any management department .My schooling was done in a English Convent ,I can write, speak & read English fluently .Kindly except my CV ,I will be sincere,honest and dedicated to my job .Thank you .
                                                                                      Yours faithful ,
                                                                                       M.A.Nafeesa .

We except your CV as you've requested so :)

There is no one here from PNU.

could you please send me the Email ID of the HR department of pnu? i am interested in forwarding  my CV to them.... and also., please lemme know if they pay us a good response if we reach the university in person.... and at what time
(day) do we need to go there.

ATEEQA wrote:

could you please send me the Email ID of the HR department of pnu? i am interested in forwarding  my CV to them.... and also., please lemme know if they pay us a good response if we reach the university in person.... and at what time
(day) do we need to go there.

Scoll up--it's been given several times already.

kathiri wrote:
meem0 wrote:

Theres heaps of English teaching positions that need to be filled. We're about 150 teachers short. Send your application to the Princess Nora HR Department, they will be in touch with you if you qualify

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a response for direct hire? I interviewed with EdEx and got a response in about a week. However, I want to hold out for TeachAway whom I interviewed with also. It seemed to me that the T/A interview went well  I did want to know how long T/A takes to get back to you after the interview.  It's been almost a week since I interviewed with TeachAway.

Thanks!

You've got a lot to learn about how slowly the wheels turn with anything connected to KSA!  Sit back and relax--it's a long, grueling process!  Took me seven months to get here, from beginning to finally landing (not through Teach Away but rather a direct hire for my job).

Ditto what Alliecat said. This is peak recruiting and hiring season for university jobs---one of the busiest times of the year for recruiters and HR departments.

I'm serving Al-Jouf university as an English lecturer since 2009.Now wish to join PNU.Kindly send me an e-mail to post resume.

Hi  Muna Abdul Majeed,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Writing an introduction about yourself would be the most welcome :)

Thank you,

David.

I am interested in applying for English teaching position in any PRESTIGIOUS college/university of KSA. I have good ten years experience of teaching  as senior English teacher in Army Public School & College Jalal Pur Jattan Cantt Distt. Gujrat.I have been teaching Oxford and Paramount syllabus at middle level and  State provided syllabus at college level too.

At  present, I am teaching senior school and college students. This position has enabled me to provide the students with a ‘‘head start'' in mastering the basic skills of English for their best career in any field of life as English is now the need of hour. I am challenged to be creative, nurturing and most of all ,the patient.

My job in APSACS, has provided me chances to enhance myself in many fields i.e to work and guide students in Community Action Plans, School Action Plans, to Prepare myself, to Plan, to Interact and then to get Reflection of my lesson plan.I have also attended teachers' training workshops i.e SDCC (Staff Development Certificate Course) , SDDC (Staff Development Diploma Course) arranged by APSACS(Army Public Schools And Colleges System)  held on different stations which have enabled me to deliver lectures in teachers' training workshops in schools.

It is my goal to combine my range of experience with my ability to be compassionate,  enthusiastic  ,and deligent  teacher who will make a positive contribution to your institution. So if you give me a chance to perform my duties in your institute, I will leave no stone unturned for the entire satisfaction of my superiors. I would welcome an interview and hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Yours truly,
Miss Nazia Firdous D/O Manzoor Hussain
Mob#0092-334-4772129
Email : [email protected]
Skype ID. mirug786

Nazia Firdous wrote:

I am interested in applying for English teaching position in any PRESTIGIOUS college/university of KSA.

Just out of curiosity, if you are interested in applying for an English teaching position in any PRESTIGIOUS college/university in KSA, then why  don't you apply to said prestigious colleges/universities instead of posting in a forum on an Expat.com? :unsure

Her profile clearly says this is her first ever post on EB, she probably doesn't know the rules of not to post the personal contact details here and you being a Senior most on Expat.com can help her...:cool:

mask240 wrote:

Her profile clearly says this is her first ever post on EB, she probably doesn't know the rules of not to post the personal contact details here and you being a Senior most on Expat.com can help her...:cool:

It's not about posting contact details--it's about the fact that THIS is NOT a university employment site.  She'd have known that if she'd taken the time to read the thread, don't you think?  Since she didn't bother, there's not much I can do for her (and I suggest YOU read the thread to get a sense of what's going on here).

I am not saying you were wrong in your comment, any ways this is the habit of many on this blog and this thread that they post something with out even reading full details, which we can see above.

I just can say to ignore such posts as I am quite sure many times they will not even log back to check the response to the post. :)

First you said

mask240 wrote:

you being a Senior most on Expat.com can help her

And now you say

mask240 wrote:

I just can say to ignore such posts as I am quite sure many times they will not even log back to check the response to the post. :)

Make up your mind--should I help her or ignore her?! :whistle:

My Bad..Sorry...

mask240 wrote:

My Bad..Sorry...

It's okay :)

Hello ~~
I want to know what it is like teaching in Saudi Arabia at Princess Nora University. Do you co-teach or teach alone? Do the students really want to learn English? I am currently teaching ESL in South Korea and i cannot wait to leave.

Any tips/advice/ideas are welcome!!!

Alana2013 wrote:

I want to know what it is like teaching in Saudi Arabia at Princess Nora University. Do you co-teach or teach alone? Do the students really want to learn English? I am currently teaching ESL in South Korea and i cannot wait to leave.

Any tips/advice/ideas are welcome!!!

There are numerous threads about PNU on the Saudi discussion forum on Dave's ESL Cafe.
forums.eslcafe.com/job/index.php

k i will teach in southkorea f u know any job in information technology in any college or university then inform me cz i have done BS(IT) and now doing MS in project managment.

faralo wrote:

k i will teach in southkorea f u know any job in information technology in any college or university then inform me cz i have done BS(IT) and now doing MS in project managment.

South Korea?  :blink:

i have completed my masters in english and want to do job in princess noora university . can anyone help me , how to apply for the job.

goldeneye4747 wrote:

i have completed my masters in english and want to do job in princess noora university . can anyone help me , how to apply for the job.

Great! Tell me something. Who told you and advised about this particluar University?

I cmpleted my master degreein english language and literature and also completed teacher training course from a well reputed instituition in India, kerala.....and I want to do teacher jobs at princess noura university,riyadh...

It seems that your dubious MA degree has nothing to do with punctuation !!!!!! OR it was punctuation-free !! LOL

Thumbs up !!!!

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN....PLS...

how did i apply for the post?pls help me....