Looking for good basketball games (tough and challenging)

Hey all,

Im looking for good tough basketball games in Riyadh.

Any ideas where i can find some?

Thanks

i have seen a decent basketball court next to Al Yammama [Ahead of Radisson Hotel] hotel in Malaz area...

Yup the court in Al Yamama is an open court, aspalth flooring court. There is also a long tennis court there. But I think you have to talk to the caretakers there, because you have to schedule your games and you have to shell out some Riyals. Good luck.

A basketball court alone is not enough.

what about players? and an outdoor game is impossible these days!

Try this gym called 'fitness time' They have really good basketball courts. I don't know about riyadh but we play every Thursday here in Dammam and Khobar.

I don't know about the toughness though! I played Bball in the States for the past 6 years, and I would say all people do in Saudi while playing is fouling you lol. They get too close and too aggressive. They hit your head when you go for a lay-up. They smash your hand when you shoot. And they still think these are not fouls haha!!

They need to watch some NBA and lessons from Shaq and Charles Barkley  :D

MustafaGoldsmith wrote:

I don't know about the toughness though! I played Bball in the States for the past 6 years, and I would say all people do in Saudi while playing is fouling you lol. They get too close and too aggressive. They hit your head when you go for a lay-up. They smash your hand when you shoot. And they still think these are not fouls haha!!

People tend to play any sport roughly when they can't play skillfully ;)

And welcome back to your country, Mustafa.  Must be even more difficult for you than for us expats!

Alliecat wrote:

People tend to play any sport roughly when they can't play skillfully ;)

And welcome back to your country, Mustafa.  Must be even more difficult for you than for us expats!

Very difficult and complicated. Not even sure I can explain it haha. It's just weird :(

Riyadg wrote:

A basketball court alone is not enough.

what about players? and an outdoor game is impossible these days!

Don't worry about players there, it's always full, that's why you have to gather your group then schedule. If you're looking to just play with any group, you can just stay around the bench and wait for your chance. cheers.