Mtwapa new home

Hi, i have just moved to Mtwapa and i am planing to stay here for a long time...   will apply for a Class K permit.
Now i am i looking for people to meet up with so i can start to build up a new Network. I have been living in Brazil for the last 5 years and i am here to seek out new exiting things to do.
I am always looking for information about...  well everything.
If someone know something about the Class K permit that is not in the official paper would be appreciated.
I have to buy a motorbike so i can get around better so anyone know a good store for this?
And if anyone happens to know why in goods name the turn off the power every friday in Mtwapa for atleast 1 hour.

Well i will post many more questions here and i hope to beable to answer other question too as i get the hang of it all.

Mattias (in a wet Mtwapa)

Now i have turned in the papers for my class K permit, had to go to Nairobi to do this and i have to go back in 3 weeks to get the processnumber and then i have to wait around 5 weeks more for an answer. If yes then i have to go there again and pay 25 000 Kes for the permit.

What did they want for a Class K permit then.....
The application filled out.
2 colored photos
1 copy of the first page of my passport
1 copy if my stamps in my passport (they didnt need it but i left it anyway).
Copy of a bankstatement showing i have a income or cash to support myself, dont have to be from a Kenyan bank.
Copy of my creditcards (they didnt need it but i turned it in anyway with the 4 last didgits removed of course.

They asked if i was supporting someone in kenya, and i do that but it should not be a must for that permit but they ask anyway and they made some nots about it.

Now i just hope it will turn out ok..   will post updates when i get them.

Class K Permit needs funds from abroad - and the tag is 75.000 plus a Bond over 100.000 for a period of 4 year - the RE-Entry will be valid for 3 year only.

papakilo_alfa

Well now i have gotten my processnumber but it is not finished yet, i am moving to nairobi 31 of August and i will go to imigrations the 4 of september and if the process is not finished then i will extend my turist visa for 3 more month.
I have 120 000 Kes in salary from a job abroad so i hope this will be ok for the permit.

welcome to mombasa it is a beautiful place to live.

Many thanks, will move to Nairobi the 31 of August. Then i will just come to Mombasa coast when i need some RnR...   then i dont risk getting too much of it :)
And of course some pressure from GF to move away from sin city.

out of Sodom and Gomorah...a good move - but Nairobi ? ?
you better try Kisumu - the friendliest and most romantic spot under the Equator...with the best Organic Food Restaurant (Judi's Green Garden)and only 1 hour to the last corner of the CA-Rain Forest in Kakamega with the famous "Rondo Retreat" once a Settlers/Loggers Saw-Mill
greet the Colobus Monkeys and the Hornbills

papakilo_alfa

Sounds like a nice place but my GF just got a job in Nairobi so i will stay there and give it a try anyway....   as long as i have internet then i can work so i can move around.

K Permit was more difficult then expected....   to start with is costs 100 000 Kes per year but that was not the big thing now...   i have a salary of 120 000 kes per month but to apply for a K permit now yo uhave to show a income for 170 000 Kes per month (24 000 Dollar per year). That is alot of cash that someone have to have from abroad to just live here....  Why dont Kenya want people from abroad to live here? The 170 000 kes per month then i can live a good life in Europe...  now i have a GF here so i have to stay some how...  does anyone have a good idee?

Hi,
Is this post really 7 years old and how did it work out ?
Well I hope.

Hi Gasman1,

This is an old and inactive thread. I suggest you to start a new topic on the Mombasa forum if you have any question about your expat project.

Thank you,
Christine