Best place to live as an expat?

We have just relocated from Duabi to Kuwait. We are currently in temporary accommodation and are looking for somewhere where we can meet like minded expats. Any advice? :D

the best place in Kuwait to meet expats is fintas ,mahboula or salwa area, where you can meet lots n lots of foreigners

here( Expat.com )  you can  you can find expats then you meet up with them

and these plases that ( honeybee ) mentioned is an areas so you can't stand in the street there and say ( i want to meet some expats )

try to meet expats from here

best regards

meetup.com, you'll find a group for Kuwait called new and not so new, sign up, receive emails as to locations, head out and enjoy the socialization :)

I think she was asking what area is best for expats to find a home, rather than how to socialize. Maybe tell her the expat friendly residential areas?

Fahaheel, Mahboula and Salmiya  are the best place where you can meet a lot of foreigners where they are gathering and hanging out every weekends.

If you are looking for a place to stay SALMIYA is the best along gulf road

taher grandma ask which placed is suitable to live and u said right here in EB she should start meeting people, one way u siad right , the other way she wants a good place to stay along with the kind of people she used to live with , so guide her the best place to livein not just socializing through EB only

as legacy said check the link granny and u will find a solution

mara u said the right answer, so friends give her a right guidance to choose her right place

regards

ron

lol, honeybee you called her grandma :P

gramanda (honestly i read it as grandma too first time around), EEK magazine (www.abcq8.com) has a classifieds section where expats are leaving Kuwait and u can take over their lease.

the title of your post conflicted with the wording of your message, as the wording "like minded" would mean u were looking for company, as opposed to accommodation.

hence, for accommodation, Western expats generally (yes, there are deviations from the norm) choose one of the following areas:

Jabriya, Salmiya, Salwa, Mangaf, Fintas, Mahboula.

Rent will run you anywhere from 250~400 depending on the amenities provided, location etc.

Rent in Kuwait is paid on a monthly basis, not annually like Dubai. First rental will run you an extra "Security deposit" which is either one months rent or half of it.

Before actually moving in, check all the fixtures and fittings to ensure the lightbulbs are working fine, the heater/water etc. again, important, BEFORE signing the lease agreement!

try to have a friend along who speaks Arabic to ensure you are not fleeced by a crooked landlord.

Thank you guys, this really helps me as well. xx

mMonica