Seef Area in Bahrain

Hello all,

I would like to get your opinion about Seef area in Bahrain. Some of you may know that I was considering moving to Juffair but it looks like Juffair will be quite far from my office and a number of estate agents do recommend Seef area for me. What are your thoughts of this area? Are there any nice places to visit? Cafes, shops, restaurants etc.? Are there many expats in this area? Is there any specific location within Seef area you recommend to live in?

Thank you very much for your help so far.

Hi brightonguy,

I'll give you an insight of seef and Juffair based on my findings.. ;)

The good thing about Seef area is that you have a good choice of  malls close by. You have the main City Centre mall (not very far) that has alot to offer. Quite a few eateries, coffee shops, cinemas, banks, Carrefour supermarket and lots of other shops. Then you have Seef mall, this is alot smaller and has a few eateries and other varieties of shops.
You also have A'Ali Shopping Complex - i've not been to this one so not sure what it has. Then there's Dana Mall opposite side of the highway to City Centre. This mall is smaller, but has a supermarket that seems to be poplular most of the time. There are a few eateries there along with other small variety of shops. Then another Mall not far from Seef, in fact opposite side of the highway, Geant Mall or Bahrain mall as some would say. This mall is failry limited compared to city centre mall. It has a big supermarket and coffee shops and a few other variety of shops, but on a small scale. :)

In terms of fast food places, i feel seef doesn't have as much as Juffair if we're talking away from the malls. Juffair is very poplular with a wide variety of restaurants and clubs. Next to Juffair is Adliya, this area too has quite a few restaurants compared to Seef. There are supermarkets in Juffair, like Al Jazeera (Awal Ave.,) that have alot of variety of foods that cater for the expat community (I even saw imported UK foods there too with uk prices on them, but sold for Bahraini dinars :D). There are coffee places here too. In the same block as this Al Jazeera supermarket, there are coffee shops and TGI fidays restaurant. :cheers:

Less than 5 mins drive there's another Al Jazeera supermarket (Osama Bin Zaid Ave.,) and in this same street, there more coffee shops and a few fast food shops.

In parallel to Awal Ave a few minutes drive, there's a long road (Shabab ave.,) again that has alot of fast food joints like Mac Donald's, KFC, & coffee shops. Restaurants are here too and a good variety of them and other shops from furniture to souvenirs.. Including a small supermarket at the end.. :)

I would say the best way to decide on the areas, is to visit them and get the feel of the place. This was you know exactly whats available and their surroundings. I have posted my views and hope they give you a rough insight. Hope others can give add to this...

J :cool:

jazzy851, very useful reply and thank you very much for spending the time writing such a long answer. Much appreciated!

@brightonguy - You're welcome. Hope others out there can help by giving you the answers for the questions i couldn't answer. :D

J

brightonguy wrote:

What are your thoughts of this area?

Its a very quite place, very close to your workplace and very close to the main Malls of Bahrain as comprehensively highlighted by Jazzy851

Are there any nice places to visit? Cafes, shops, restaurants etc.?

Yes there are many places ... Apart from the ones in the Malls around you, there are some nice restaurant and clubs in the neighborhood i.e. La Chocolat, Bushido and Trader Vics in Ritz Carlton Hotel which is one of the best night spots in Bahrain

Are there many expats in this area?

Yes ... This area is full of expats working in this Business district.

Is there any specific location within Seef area you recommend to live in?

All places are similar somehow ... You will have to go around the area and choose the place that better suits you.

I hope this helps :)

Regards

jazzy851 wrote:

Hi brightonguy,

I'll give you an insight of seef and Juffair based on my findings.. ;)

The good thing about Seef area is that you have a good choice of  malls close by. You have the main City Centre mall (not very far) that has alot to offer. Quite a few eateries, coffee shops, cinemas, banks, Carrefour supermarket and lots of other shops. Then you have Seef mall, this is alot smaller and has a few eateries and other varieties of shops.
You also have A'Ali Shopping Complex - i've not been to this one so not sure what it has. Then there's Dana Mall opposite side of the highway to City Centre. This mall is smaller, but has a supermarket that seems to be poplular most of the time. There are a few eateries there along with other small variety of shops. Then another Mall not far from Seef, in fact opposite side of the highway, Geant Mall or Bahrain mall as some would say. This mall is failry limited compared to city centre mall. It has a big supermarket and coffee shops and a few other variety of shops, but on a small scale. :)

In terms of fast food places, i feel seef doesn't have as much as Juffair if we're talking away from the malls. Juffair is very poplular with a wide variety of restaurants and clubs. Next to Juffair is Adliya, this area too has quite a few restaurants compared to Seef. There are supermarkets in Juffair, like Al Jazeera (Awal Ave.,) that have alot of variety of foods that cater for the expat community (I even saw imported UK foods there too with uk prices on them, but sold for Bahraini dinars :D). There are coffee places here too. In the same block as this Al Jazeera supermarket, there are coffee shops and TGI fidays restaurant. :cheers:

Less than 5 mins drive there's another Al Jazeera supermarket (Osama Bin Zaid Ave.,) and in this same street, there more coffee shops and a few fast food shops.

In parallel to Awal Ave a few minutes drive, there's a long road (Shabab ave.,) again that has alot of fast food joints like Mac Donald's, KFC, & coffee shops. Restaurants are here too and a good variety of them and other shops from furniture to souvenirs.. Including a small supermarket at the end.. :)

I would say the best way to decide on the areas, is to visit them and get the feel of the place. This was you know exactly whats available and their surroundings. I have posted my views and hope they give you a rough insight. Hope others can give add to this...

J :cool:

Very comprehensive response including shops names and streets names ... It looks like you know Bahrain by heart now ;):one

Hi Brightonguy and welcome to the forum,

Nice picture BTW :p

Nothing much to add except that many people find Seef Area a little "residential". But as said here above... Come and have a glimpse by yourself... Feel the thing ! ^^

Cheers

Olivier

Very comprehensive response including shops names and streets names ... It looks like you know Bahrain by heart now wink one

Well, I learn from one of the good people on the forum like yourself. :)

Nice picture BTW :p

Yeah i thought this too - I even wondered whether Apple macs are water proof now ;):lol: - If they are waterproof, Microsoft have got some competition :P:lol: - just kidding, don't want to go off topic ;):P

But as said here above... Come and have a glimpse by yourself... Feel the thing ! ^^

Quite right - what may suite us as we have give you a pretty good idea of the area, may not suite you. So best way is to arrive here and have a feel of the place as mentioned by Olivier.

brightonguy - I hope these answers here are helpful and good luck :)