Guitar lessons

Who is the best person to give guitar lessons in Mauritius?

I wish there were a right answer for this. I studied classical guitar back in the UK and had three teachers. The third helped me make more progress in a couple of months than the others achieved in two years. Which is to say: The one that works for you.

Unfortunately I picked up an infection that left me with tinnitus and deaf in one ear so my playing days more or less ended.

What I would suggest is that you commit to one for a couple of months and if you dont like, then move on. If you really want to play and willing to do the work then a good teacher will be invaluable and worth the effort of seeking out.

Good luck.

I have just started listening to guitar music and its so cool. :D

Good luck with your guitar lessons Christel S. an instrument well worth playing ;)

J :cool:

Didn't see it was an anglophone forum, sorry !

I'm not the best guitar teacher, but I can help you if you want ! I don't know read music notes, but I know how to play. I'm playing guitar since 15 years and i made 2 albums in France.
In September, I will start the music formation of my son, so, if you want to join us with a guitar, you're welcome.
It's quite easy to play guitar if you have discipline at the beginning and if you stay focus on the fun of this fantastic hobby.
Sorry for my pooooooooooor english

Je suis loin (très loin) d'être le meilleur professeur de guitare mais si tu es dans le nord, je peux t'apprendre... Je joue depuis 15 ans et j'ai appris à l'oreille.
Je ne sais pas lire le solfège, mais je pense que 2 albums à mon actif doivent suffirent pour prouver que je connais mes gammes lol.
Je vais apprendre à mon fils dès Septembre donc si tu es motivée, tu peux te joindre à nous.
En quelques mois tu peux jouer déjà beaucoup de choses et vraiment te faire plaisir. Il suffit de persévérer et de se discipliner à jouer plusieurs fois par semaine et surtout LE PLAISIR AVANT TOUT.
Quel(s) genre(s) de musique aimerais-tu jouer ?
Tu as déjà ton instrument ?
@+

@VinZe - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everyone may understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

You can go to Conservatoires as well (music school).

The Conservatoire Francois Mitterand in Quatre Bornes(application form available online for year 2012-2013),conservatoire F chopin and Empire Gym in QB as well.

If you want one on one lessons,I may ask some of them if they can coach you.

Merci pour vos reponses encourageantes, oui je vais contacter le Conservatoire Francois Mitterrand, je crois qu'ils ont des centres un peu partout maintenant. Aujourd'hui j'ai vu dans les journaux qu'il y avait aussi des Centres de Formations Artistiques un peu partout sur l'ile. J'ai vu qu'il y avait des cours de tabla aussi et j'hesite entre la tabla et la guitare maintenant! Il y a aussi le MGI, mais ca ca prend plusieurs annees apparament!!

Lol... Sorry Aurelie!
Thank you for your encouraging replies. I will contact the Conservatoire de Francois Mitterrand tomorrow. I have also contacted Centre de Formation Artistique, they have both tabla and guitar lessons! I will go there this week end and revert back in case anyone else is interested. The Mahatma Gandhi Institute also offers classes, but for a diploma and might take three years!

@Christel S. :o

@Christel S. - In english please on this Anglophone forum! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Good luck!