Applying for working visa from Buenos Aires

Hi there,

Does any one know what the requirements are to get a working visa after arriving in Bs As?

Does any one know how long it takes if you have all the requirements handed in with the application?

I have heard a police check and medical check are required which I will bring with me but wondering if there is anything else that I must bring with me to make my work visa approved faster, hope someone has info on this too.

I rang the Direccion Nacional de Migracion twice and waited along time for someone to answer my call, I had no luck.  All the talking was in spanish and I tried 2 different menu numbers each time.  I emailed them twice and still no reply too.  It is so annoying and frustrating.

The argentinian embassy here also said they have a hard time receiving a response too. 

I know this is a big ask but I am wondering if someone who speaks good spanish can give them a call to find out what documents they need from the foreign country, this will help me bring all documents.  Whoever helps me with this I will shout them dinner to say thank you!!  I'll be in the heart of the city just let me know where you are and we can meet somewhere suiting both of us.  I arrive 19July and need to sort out my documents for working visa urgently.

Thank you

Rita
from Sydney Australia

Hello Rita.

For more interaction, your post has been moved the Buenos Aires forum. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Did you look at the immigration website:
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible … temporaria
You can switch language to English.

All the talking was in spanish and I tried 2 different menu numbers each time.  I emailed them twice and still no reply too.  It is so annoying and frustrating.

jejejeje fancy that, Spanish of all languages, how dare we?

Firstly, every document that you have must be apostilled in your country of residence through the offically reckognised appropriate authority. If it is not, it is worthless here in Argentina. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Secondly, after being apostillised it must be translated into Spanish by a legal translator and stamped as such in Buenos Aires by the legal governing body.
Thirdly, even being here, speaking spanish face to face with immigration officals, nothing is black and white, nor does it stay the same for any great period of time.

Best of luck.

Thanks for all the information and your comments, all of it helps.  I am appreciative.

Rita