Buying and developing film in HCMC

Just wondering if anyone might have any idea if there's anywhere in Saigon where you can buy 35mm black and white film??? And anywhere you can get it developed and get prints done up? Or even anywhere that would sell chemicals/photographic paper for developing????

Any help appreciated!!!

Film, period, is getting harder to locate with everyone going digital.

I know it's not the same but I shoot colour and then have it processed and printed as B/W ... I have to use it for some contract applications.

A good store, who changes it's chemicals daily, is 46 Photography at 46 Nguyen Hue, Quan 1 (opposite the Sun Wah highrise). They are one of the oldest photography processors in the city and if they can't do it themselves are honest enough to tell you who can.

Another 'old timer' is on Le Thanh Ton, just one block towards Ben Thanh Market from Pasteur.

I have also used Printed Circuit Board manufacturers to develop my film - but you have to be a regular client!

Cheers Jaitch!!!

You don't happen to know if any of those places actually do B&W developing/sell film by any chance?

Won't be over til next month to just trying to find out as much as possible before I get over.

Where can I go to get pictures developed in HCMC and is it expensive? I took some pictures from a recent trip and just want to developed them. I have about 200 pictures I need to print.

Thank you

Cam

You can buy B&W film here but as Jaitch has said film in general is getting harder to find.
One thing to watch out for in both b&w and colour is the expiration date n them. I spotted some B&W earlier this year that was over a year old! Given the conditions it was kept in I wouldn't risk it for anything too important.

tuhang wrote:

Where can I go to get pictures developed in HCMC and is it expensive? I took some pictures from a recent trip and just want to developed them. I have about 200 pictures I need to print.
Thank you
Cam

THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is getting them developed so the pictures are fixed. Printing can always be done back home.

Try 46 Photography at 46 Nguyen Hue, Quan 1 (opposite the Sun Wah highrise).

Buzzer wrote:

You don't happen to know if any of those places actually do B&W developing/sell film by any chance?

Won't be over til next month to just trying to find out as much as possible before I get over.

FUJIFILM VIETNAM Co., Ltd.[Subsidiary]
126 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, District 3,
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 84-8-39306555

Go to < www.fujifilm.com/worldwide/asia_pacific/#h2-26 >, click on General Inquiry and ask them directly.

I'll be in TP HCM tomorrow and will post a reply by late Saturday.

Thank you Jaitch but what do you mean "pictures fixed"?

Jaitch,
Please disregard my last message.

Cam

Jaitch and Laidback, thanks a million.

Hi Guys,

Forget about giving your films to any labs in Saigon they will get ruined, I have two solutions: start developing yourself or give them to me, am ready to help for both. :)

Cheers,

Does anyone know where I can get 120mm film? I'm on my last roll of Kodak Portras ;((
I know L'usine on 151 Dong Khoi St. have a small selection of lomography products, but the film there costs nearly 500k :/