Looking to meet some locals and expats

Hey there,   My name is Alex and I'll be moving to HCMC around July 24th (2012). I will be teaching at an international school for 2 years and am very excited for the change of pace in my life. I have been to Saigon before and very much enjoyed it. I was hoping to maybe meet some locals and also other expats to learn a bit more about the city and make some new friends. I'm 23 years old, laid back, and pretty much up for whatever. If anyone would be interested in grabbing a beer after I arrive let me know, thanks!

Hi Alex :) Hope to see u in hcmc.

Hi Alex, it's nice to see you and show you something interesting that I know about Saigon. We can talk about teaching job. I will be a teacher in the future for sure.

beer.................... :|:|:|
Pls tell me if you want a cup of coffee instead Alex!
:joking:

Welcome you to Vietnam!

[Moderated]

Hi,
Nice to meet you. I would like to have more friends! So it would be great if we sometimes can meet up for a cup of coffee.
Cheers!

Here's another idea. The owners of this site would like to set up a get together with the members in Saigon. It appears that for a lot of reasons I'm sure, nobody has stepped up and volunteered to start putting it together. Here's the link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=171306

Excellent way to meet new people, both foreigners and locals, exercise your language and organizational tools and have fun at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need to study Vietnamese? I will help you...

Hey, welcome to Vietnam :) Hope we can have some drink when you are here :D

johnson.alex wrote:

Hey there,   My name is Alex and I'll be moving to HCMC around July 24th (2012). I will be teaching at an international school for 2 years and am very excited for the change of pace in my life. I have been to Saigon before and very much enjoyed it. I was hoping to maybe meet some locals and also other expats to learn a bit more about the city and make some new friends. I'm 23 years old, laid back, and pretty much up for whatever. If anyone would be interested in grabbing a beer after I arrive let me know, thanks!

hi johnson.alex :) nice to see you in Sai gon :D

Hi Hieu

May I become a volunteer for yr program ? I live in HCM city now and hope can help foreigner discover our country's culture , history and language

Kim Ngan

Hi Alex.
My name is Chi, I'm Vietnamese and I'm 22.
So u'll be in HCMC in the next month, u've been to Saigon before? For traveling? It's good to know that u enjoyed my city. Hope u'll enjoy it more when u stay and work here in the next two years.
I hope we can be friends ^^.
Take care.

Welcome you to vietnam. My name is thanh. 23 year-old. Nice to meet you. If you want to have a coffee and drink beer. i'm ready. I think we will discover vietnam cultures for this period. If you need to help something. Don't hesitate to contact me.
My email: [email protected]

Hello, I am interested in meeting people in Vietnam.  Interested in local people with integrity, experienced Expats, Creative Business Developers, and fun loving people who know how to celebrate their lives in Vietnam.  I hope to start a small business and am considering locating in a beach or resort area like Nha Trang, Con Dao, Doc Let, Hon Chong, Phan Thiet, China Beach, Mui Ne Beach etc.  I bring to the table many years of business development experience in Southeast Asia.

Thks Kim Ngan,
I happy hear from you for your proposal,
Pls sne for me your email, and handfone (if can), i will call you.
Brgds
Hieu

Been here since July 2009. Used to live in Anchorage and Fairbanks (Air Force brat). Don't miss the snow. You'll love it here. Happy Trails.

Hi,

Welcome to Vietnam, Alex. To be honest I have not traveled aboard much but I'd love to make friends with expat to learn more about other culture.

My name is Hoa. I'd love you be your friend so feel free to contact me whenever you are free for a drink.

Have a nice day.