Moving to Lagos

Hi my husband has been offered a job with one of the well established FMCG company in Lagos,Nigeria.I was wondering if anyone can throw some light on the average expat salary being offered for Head of opertions for retail in a company.I would like to know what would be a comfortable salary in the local currency and the dollar component taking into considertaion that the compny is offering all other expat benefits like furnished accomodation,car,driver,maid,medical benefits,schooling for children etc.

thanks

Hello gona be a good package. U guys are gona enjoy it since all those benefits are attached. Lagos is a kool and fun place to live and guess ur apartment/accommodatn wil be @ either VI, ikoyi, lekki or ikeja GRA. Cheerz

[Moderated]

check your inbox dear i replied

Hi

I am living in Lagos for past 4 years with my family and basically from New Delhi. I can understand your worry and eagerness to know more about Lagos. You are welcome to drop me a mail on [email protected]

Coming to the point the benefits you mentioned most of the companies will provide easily as it is extremely expansive otherwise to manage if you are on your own. Be very clear that all of these are included in the offer and if you are going to live on Victoria Island or Ikoyi then don't worry life will be amazng. the place is very safe yes you need to exercise some precautions which are also applicable in New Delhi or Noida too. Social circle is the only preferred mode of entertainment on weekends apart from one or two shopping malls which definately can't be compared to India. trust me India is way ahead when it comes to this. Even My Amritsar is well equipped with malls then Lagos

Indian food is absolutely no issue, Groceries is absolutely no issues and lastly vegetables no issue at all.

Your monthly expanses can not be more then 1500 USD at all this is the maximum probably you can spend if everything is being taken care by company. trust me the only thing you need to worry is food you want to eat how much you want to spend.

Now lastly your main question on Salary see this really depend on the job profile and company On a average anything above 6000 USD is a decent salary but considering the head of opereations i would say 10000 USD would be a very good salary considering that there is a derth of people who want to come to Nigeria to work . Trust me this place is heaven compared to lot of african countries

So don't worry pack your bags and start your move to Lagos. You will feel at home we Indian are no less in number here In Lagos We have temples here and we do have art of living courses here. Indian here really take care of new indian to settle them You guys will love this place.

@ecimadh you have said it all just start coming to lagos cheers and regards.