Moving to Bahrain

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum. I am moving to Bahrain in about 3 weeks time and I will be working at Almoayyed Tower. I have been offered a job from a company and during the interview stages, I had a chance to see the surrounding areas of the tower and to be honest, did not find it so exciting to live in.

The company will offer me a furnished accommodation for the first month and in this period, I have to find my own place to live in. I have been told I should look at Juffair or Amwaj Islands. I haven't seen neither of them yet but having looked at their locations on Google Maps, it seems Amwaj Islands are a bit too far from my office. I don't drive and I will have to take a taxi to and from work every day.

I need your help with your thoughts on the location and accommodation. The budget is not much of an issue but I am looking to rent a furnished, modern flat and want it to be around BHD650 per month. I can stretch the budget for a dream accommodation but I don't see the need for it as I am coming on my own and for a single person, I think a 1-bed or 2-bed flat will be more than enough. I would like to live in a location where there are some shops and cafes and other places to spend time around when I leave the building.

Do you recommend Juffair? What do you think of the budget? Can you recommend any estate agents or websites (apart from Bahrain Property World).

Your help is much appreciated and thanks in advance. Hope to see you all in Bahrain soon :)

Hello brightonguy.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will soon give you some advices.

You have the housing in Bahrain section at your disposal. You can post an advert if you wish. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello brightonguy and In Advance Welcome to Bahrain :)

However Amwaj Island is a nice place to stay in but it will be quite far from Almoayyed Tower as you mentioned … and However Juffair is not as far as Amwaj island to your work place, you may have to spend a considerable amount of money only on transportation which you might be able to save if you stay in a nearby area.

Juffair is an expat's/tourist's community area, full of Residential Building, Hotels, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bars and Nightclubs … Its quite busy area specially in weekends.

With your allocated budget for accommodation you can easily get a decent 1 or 2 Bedroom accommodation.

I think during your first month you will have the opportunity to explore all the places and have a better idea on where is the most suitable place for you to stay in.

Good Luck with your Move :)

Regards

Hi Brightonguy and welcome to Bahrain.

I totally agree wz VidoDido about Juffair. I live in it and for sure you will get a dream flat with this budget.

If you need any help feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help....;)

see you soon in Bahrain

Thank you for your help guys, really appreciate it. Apart from Juffair, where else you recommend?

As VidoDido said Amwaj and Juffair are the best, but of course you can look at the neibourhood like Seef , Zinj which are also nice.

brightonguy wrote:

Thank you for your help guys, really appreciate it. Apart from Juffair, where else you recommend?

It's always better to stay close to your work  place, this will save you travelling time from house to work and vise versa specially during peak hours; therefore I would say Seef Area or Reef Islands are the best places to stay in.

In Seef area you will be very close to the major Malls in Bahrain, this will give you an easy access to shopping centers and restaurants.

It's always better to stay close to your work  place, this will save you travelling time from house to work and vise versa specially during peak hours; therefore I would say Seef Area or Reef Islands are the best places to stay in.

In Seef area you will be very close to the major Malls in Bahrain, this will give you an easy access to shopping centers and restaurants.

I feel VidoDido has provided you with very accurate answers -

:one

J

He has and thank you very much for your help guys. Really appreciated.

Have you worked with any estate agents over there? Is there any one you can recommend?

On a side note, I am flying in next week. Visa is processed. :) Really excited.

You may come in contact with any/all of the following Real Estate Agents and check what they can offer you:

Pamela Feeney - Contact No.+973 39683198 (Globus Real-Estate)
Lana Furman - Contact No.   +973 39998400 (Impact Real-Estate)
Jaffar Aloraibi - Contact No. +973 39522370 (Bahrain Credit Group)

Hope this helps ;)

VidoDido to the rescue again :D -

We welcome you to Bahrain next week and be prepared for the heat ;) - dont forget your shades ;) and stay cool :cool:

:D and one more thing : Bahrain is the only country "Where you can go your home for Lunch" :P

VidoDido wrote:
brightonguy wrote:

Khush-Singh wrote:

:D and one more thing : Bahrain is the only country "Where you can go your home for Lunch" :P

And how do you manage that?

Hi
We moved to Bahrain from the UK late last year and looked at lots of places to live. We considered:

Amwaj - although there are shops, supermarkets and a few restaurants ... it just feels very far away from the restaurants, shopping etc
Juffair - not for us as a married couple (no kids) ... but, great for single guys as there is loads to do - bars, restaurants, clubs etc
Saar - again, too far for us and mainly focused around family life as there are lots of schools
Seef - (which is where Almoeyad Tower is) we looked at loads of places here and this was definately the area for us - we stay on Reef Island which is close enough to everywhere but a little bit distanced so that you can chill out and relax.

[Moderated: Please recommend into Bahrain Business directory]

Hope this helps

;) its so simple ....   
Part:01.
I'm saying to manager at 12:00 o'clock  " hmmm do u need anything from me :) i'm going for lunch? His answer : NO Mr. singh.":mad: 
----
Part 02 :
Hey driver I'm coming down :D ( my office in diplomatic area & Flat in hidd , just 10 Miles Up&down )
---

brightonguy wrote:
Khush-Singh wrote:

Hi everybody!:)
As we are moving soon to Bahrain I wanted to know which of the  areas listed above is the most child friendly. We have four children and we want them to enjoy the living in Bahrain as much as possible. they are all under six (two of them are my kids).any advice will be a bless and very much appreciated
thank you

;) Reef island :D

Um Shaheen wrote:

Hi everybody!:)
As we are moving soon to Bahrain I wanted to know which of the  areas listed above is the most child friendly. We have four children and we want them to enjoy the living in Bahrain as much as possible. they are all under six (two of them are my kids).any advice will be a bless and very much appreciated
thank you

:)Thank you

I recommend Amwaj, and nothing is considered a far place in Bahrain, believe me

Thank you.:). can people go out for walks and do activities.
To be honest I've been living in KSA for 4 years now, fed up with being trapped in the house because of the lack of activities and the weather.:sosad:

hey hey, no comparison between Bahrain and KSA. BAhrain is a normal country, very open. And this is why I recommended Amwaj, so the kids can go by their own and have walk and activities especially if u r in a compound like Tala

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's what i needed to hear.

I grew up in Jeddah which is much more relaxed as compared to Riyadh. When I first applied for my job in Bahrain I was offered to take a position in Jeddah, but my Mrs was not too happy, I spoke to the company and explained I applied for Bahrain and would prefer to be in Bahrain. Alhumdulilah, its sorted just waiting for Visa.

I have 2 daughters 5 and 1.

I will be looking to stay in Hidd or Juffair. Amwaj is cool, but I prefer to have some connection with the real Bahrain.

Um Shaheen wrote:

Thank you.:). can people go out for walks and do activities.
To be honest I've been living in KSA for 4 years now, fed up with being trapped in the house because of the lack of activities and the weather.:sosad:

Hi Jack,

My dad worked in Saudi Arabia, his work day started at 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in the afternoon and 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, he worked for a well known electronics company. He used to come home have lunch and enjoy a siesta.

Looking back, I realise it was a long day for him, he never complained.

brightonguy wrote:
Khush-Singh wrote:

I'm happy for you and for your family mkd008, I find life in Saudi Arabia very limited even for kids (poor kids).
I wish all the best for all of you,and thanks for caring and sharing:)

welcome to you all in Bahrain and hope you and your kids will enjoy the life in Bahrain.
See you soon around in the small Island............;)

Helloooooo again :D !!!
now ..... I want to know what areas or cities are to be crossed from my list of possibilities, i.e not suitable for foreigners, families and kids.
please :unsure

Salaam Sister, I have been told that areas with Shia majority need to be avoided. Usually, these areas see protests, tire burning etc.

I am sure other members will be able to name the areas for you.

Um Shaheen wrote:

now ..... I want to know what areas or cities are to be crossed from my list of possibilities, i.e not suitable for foreigners, families and kids.

Salam everybody,
I hope somebody can name the areas that are not the best choice to live in. :huh:
you don't have to post it, you can always send it to me in a message :top:
whatever you do thank you, I'm very grateful :happy:

:cool: Dont stay deep inside manama , khamis,Isa town ,Gudaibiya,salamabad,Riffa ( But go for Riffa Views ) & Sitra side.

I spent my 4 years in Gudaibiya Area (with shia Majority) & non of them ever tried to hurt/harm me :D . In my office our Receptionist & PRO both are  Shia :| ( AND i know they have committed:-:dumbom:  tire burning,protesting in front of govt buildings,blocking the roads with Concrete blocks etc :D )
---
approximately 66–70% percent of Bahraini Muslims are Shias :unsure  . no-one knows about bad time , so simply avoid above written areas after 6:00pm ( haaan but u can go there in Day time with ur cameras to catch what they have done to their homes,shops,streets,schools :(  )

4-5 times they burn the tires in front of me :D ,just on 9th July around 1:30pm - 2:30pm i was there in Salmabad with my friends,we were going from Khamis to Salmabad for Car repair and when we entered the junction (old Roundabout)for "U" turn , we noticed something is wrong :blink: ,why the traffic is so slow/moving ?then  i came out from the car :nothappy: to see whats going on ,And guess what i saw ,5 Bahraini guys with Masks were preparing their selves for Tire burning :| & they told us stay behind plz , we waited there until police arrived,after 15 minutes when tires burned( fully), they cleaned the road for us .

( Few months back i got the chance to record something
Plz click here to watch )

mkd008 wrote:

Salaam Sister, I have been told that areas with Shia majority need to be avoided. Usually, these areas see protests, tire burning etc.

I am sure other members will be able to name the areas for you.

Um Shaheen wrote:

Khush-Singh wrote:

I spent my 4 years in Gudaibiya Area (with shia Majority) & non of them ever tried to hurt/harm me :D . In my office our Receptionist & PRO both are  Shia :| ( AND i know they have committed:-:dumbom:  tire burning,protesting in front of govt buildings,blocking the roads with Concrete blocks etc :D )
---
approximately 66–70% percent of Bahraini Muslims are Shias :unsure  . no-one knows about bad time , so simply avoid above written areas after 6:00pm ( haaan but u can go there in Day time with ur cameras to catch what they have done to their homes,shops,streets,schools :(  )

4-5 times they burn the tires in front of me :D ,just on 9th July around 1:30pm - 2:30pm i was there in Salmabad with my friends,we were going from Khamis to Salmabad for Car repair and when we entered the junction (old Roundabout)for "U" turn , we noticed something is wrong :blink: ,why the traffic is so slow/moving ?then  i came out from the car :nothappy: to see whats going on ,And guess what i saw ,5 Bahraini guys with Masks were preparing their selves for Tire burning :| & they told us stay behind plz , we waited there until police arrived,after 15 minutes when tires burned( fully), they cleaned the road for us .

:offtopic::lol: ... It looks like you enjoy stepping out of the topic my friend :dumbom::P:lol:

:cheers: na na everything was for :mkd008 & Um Shaheen  :up:

VidoDido wrote:
Khush-Singh wrote:

---

:offtopic::lol: ... It looks like you enjoy stepping out of the topic my friend :dumbom::P:lol: