Accommodation for POMIS

...hello, All, and thanks in advance for any help you can give me...I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on accommodation provided for the Port Moresby International School...pictures, descriptions, experiences, etc., would be greatly appreciated...

John

Hi John and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi John,

I will be working in POMIS next year and so can pass on information that I gleaned from the interview.

There are 45 houses in the compound plus a tennis court and basketball court (and some green space) There are also 2 schools. POMIS and a primary school. The compound is very secure. Two thirds of the houses are for the two schools and the other third (I think) is for the IEA. I know that my house has a veranda and the international schools review site (written by teachers who have lived there) rate the "quality of accommodation" between 7/8 out of 10. I anticipate being in quite good order but maybe a bit run down. (its quite old)

I know this is not exactly what you were after so I hope someone else will be able to provide more info.

I'm in India on holiday at the moment but am your neighbour in Muscat. It would be good to communicate if you are also intent on starting at POMIS in Feb.

All the best,

Rob

Hey, Rob!

...hope your vacation is all it should be, and I thank you for the very valuable information, none of which I had...waiting for final confirmation of the offer, and very appreciative of your answer...I have "Google-Earthed" the compound, but the resolution and trees prevent detailed views...I have read about and heard of the danger and caution one must take, and even talked to a compatriot here who spent 3 years in PNG...we shall see how it all comes together...

...again, many thanks, and I will pass on more information as I learn of it...

John