Shipping car from USA

My name is Mrs.K. Hello, I need help with a car issue. My family and I are moving to Bahrain . I have a 2000 Mazda MPV . It's old but looks great! Does anyone know if there is a restriction to ship cars that are made in 2000? How about Shipping cost? What are the costs of cars in Bahrain? Are they comparable to the USA? Thank you for all your feedback.J-

Hi Mrsk
Although i dont know the cost of shipping cars into Bahrain. I'm not sure how much they cost in the US either, but you could check out the prices here in Bahrain before thinking of shipping your one over (if possible)!

I'm sure there are alot of car websites here in Bahrain, but have a look at this one. I think its a second hand car website and you could get a rough idea of prices. Yo may even find a similar one to the one you intend to ship.. Hope others out there with abit more knowledge in this area, can help advise you..

Good luck

Jaz :cool:

Jaz, thank your feedback. Your argument  makes lots of sense ;

Although I don't drive, I have been told the cost of cars, particularly the second hand ones, are not bad in Bahrain. Since your car is more than 10 years old, I believe you'd be better of selling your car in the USA and get a similar car or better here in Bahrain for very cheap. This saves you the hassle of shipping the car and the costs associated with it.

Since your car is more than 10 years old, I believe you'd be better of selling your car in the USA and get a similar car or better here in Bahrain for very cheap. This saves you the hassle of shipping the car and the costs associated with it.

:one I Agree with this and more over, if you're shipping your vehicle, you have to note your particular car 10 years old, which is a long term the car has run. So last thing you want is to bear more expenses on it due to its age here. May be cost effective to get a second hand or brand new one, depending on your budget..

good luck :)

hi,
shipping from the us costs around 400 BD
it's not recommended to ship it, as getting a car in better situation is easy in Bahrain

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to reply. You really helped me decide with my dilemma.

Cars are relatively cheap in the Middle East, you'd be better off selling your car there and coming here and buying a second hand car.
It wouldn't be worth it importing a car that old in my opinion.