The meaning of 'za osobu'

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you'd be so kind to explain the meaning of 'za osobu' to me in the context of apartment advertisements.

I understand it is 'per person' or 'a person' but I just can't get what people who post the ads mean by it - is it an additional fee /each/ person must pay?

Like there's one price for renting an apartment and an additional one depending on how many people move in? Is it a customary thing in the Czech Republic?

Say an apartment itself may cost 20,000 Kč and there's 500 Kč 'za osobu', so if 3 people want to rent it the price will be 21,500 Kč, is that right?

I've just never seen it before so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Here's an example of what I mean:

bytyvpraze.cz/zobrazit.php?bid_is=2017159&rubrika=112&sid=3&show=173&obr=6

Cheers!

yes, "za osobu" means per person which used most for differencies cost of more ppl using water, electricity, waste and some other services etc.

mosu wrote:

yes, "za osobu" means per person which used most for differencies cost of more ppl using water, electricity, waste and some other services etc.

Thanks mosu!

So just to confirm it, if there's a 500 Kč za osobu and, say, one person renting an apartment, the landlord receives 500 Kč regardless of how much of the utilities the person actually makes use of, even if it's 300 Kč?

That would sound slightly unfair I think so I'm still not sure if I get it correctly :-)

Hi,

"za osobu" really means that you pay for example 500 CZK for an apartment regardless of how much of the utilities the person actually makes use of.

For attempt: if you want to rent an apartment in a hotel or in a guest house and you see "500 CZK za osobu za 1 noc", it means that you have to pay 500 CZK per each person a night and no one cares how much water you use (300 CZK or 1000 CZK)... :-)