Moving to Oslo and looking for friends:-)

Hello!My name is Giannis and i am moving to Oslo this August for master's .Since i have never been there before,i hope i find a few people here who would like to make a greek friend:-)Thank you:-)

Hi Giannis !

Welcome to Expat.com!
Hope you will make some new contacts soon.

Armand

Where are you going to be studying? University of Oslo?

Goodmorning!I will study special needs education in the university of Oslo.

Good morning. I work at the university. Although not in that department.

It must be a very nice place.I have seen only photos and i am trying to create a view of the place in general.Have you moved from Scotland to Norway?

Yes, I am from Scotland, then I lived on the west coast of Norway for 4 years, and have been living in Oslo for a few months now. The west of Norway in particular looks very similar to Scotland.

I have visited Scotland and specificaly Edinburgh and loved it!I also liked that Scottish are happy and communicative people:)How was it for you in the beginning when you decided to move to Norway?Was it a difficult decision?

I made the decision quite quickly. I was asked to apply for a PhD scholarship and thought it sounded like a good idea. A couple of months later, I arrived.

I don't think the Norwegians are as open as people in many other countries. Most of my friends were foreign, and also found that it was difficult to get to know Norwegians. I think they often have their own circle of friends and aren't always interested in meeting new people that's my experience. They are though, on a whole, very nice people, and friendly in their own way. I think it will be easier if you are a student, as you will get to know all of the people on your course.

I believe that more or less this happens in all countries with foreigners.Here in Greece we may be open but due to many problems we have faced with immigrants ,we have become quite wary.
   Have you learnt Norwegian?

Hello jbandit,

Your post is a bit old so I don't know if you're still up for meeting new people, but let me know if you are, I just moved here and I don't know many people so far...

Guillaume