Proposed high fees by traffic department as mentioned by legacy

I came across a post by legacy dated 14 june 2012 about the proposed fees for licence issuance, renewal and vehicle renewal.
This post is written in the same context to share my view with concerned expats.

It is witnessed after the liberation of Kuwait from the vicious iraqi occupation that the number of cars on kuwaiti roads has increased dramatically. It was very difficult to obtain a driver's licence before the invasion in 1990 and those who had poccessed the licenced then were considered lucky people. But unfortunately after the liberation, the issuance of license became greater and easier than pre-invasion era, hence the number of cars on roads increased.
Now a days, you find traffic rush on all kuwaiti roads at any time of the day. If the government does not build multipul bridges, like the ones in Japan, then in coming 5 years no one will be able to drive their vehicles and people will consider to buy bicycles as means of their transportation.

The concerned government departments and committiees are set up to find the traffic solution. The proposed, but not implemented, increase in fees as mentioned by legacy, still under consideration to be implemented, are for discouraging owners of multipal cars and issuance of new licences.

Fist of all, Kuwaiti citizens will be more affected by the decision as a single kuwaiti family has more than one car. If the new law is only implemented on expats and kuwaitis are exampted than it will  not be fair.

Second thing is that if the new law is implemented as mentioned by legacy than a number of private cars will go off the roads as few of us will be able to pay the high cost of transfer, renewal and insurance fees each year. It means that they will totally depend on public transport, like city bus, kptc ect which are already over loaded and the current fleet of those buses is not capable enough to accommodate the alrady existing a big number of expat who do not have licences or their own transport and fully depend on public transportation.

I don't think that such a big fees will be imposed but the concerned department will try to reach a comprehenssive solution to this problem which will be accepted by all.

If the government builds brides and introduce city train system as built in Dubai, then they will be able to over come the current and most of all future traffic crisis.
sajjad

i think this should have been a comment on the post u mentioned as opposed to being a topic on the forum sajjad, ur contribution is appreciated.