PRISON IN SAUDI

Anybody give me an idea of the prison conditions in Saudi?  Is there anybody in prison in Saudi Arabia due to construction accidents? I am an engineer and there has been an accident in our project last June 10, 2012. One laborer is dead and case is still under investigation at the Civil Defense Office. Is there anybody who got jailed for construction accidents in Saudi Arabia? Are the prison airconditioned and humane? Is there a separate prison for engineers? What is the usual jail term for this kind of cases?

Please anybody answer.

They are worse. They are not air conditioned and it's same cell for all. They sort prisoners on basis of their committed crime.

I am sure they will have no separate space for Engineers...If you got one separate, I Should say you will be lucky...lolxx
Best Regards!

Concept in this part of world for the Prisoner is to Punish him/her severely, unlike in western countries where it is to reform the prisoner.

So only expect the pathetic conditions !!

watch prisoners documentary in Saudi. William Sampson Jailed in Saudi

Wendy's Father wrote:

Anybody give me an idea of the prison conditions in Saudi?  Is there anybody in prison in Saudi Arabia due to construction accidents? I am an engineer and there has been an accident in our project last June 10, 2012. One laborer is dead and case is still under investigation at the Civil Defense Office. Is there anybody who got jailed for construction accidents in Saudi Arabia? Are the prison airconditioned and humane? Is there a separate prison for engineers? What is the usual jail term for this kind of cases?
Please anybody answer.

If you got jailed, ask them about your HUMAN RIGHTS.
They will say "What Human rights?"

Well, all the best for your case...and i hope, it is not 'really' because of negligence from your side... :rolleyes:

Tomorrow the civil defense department will issue the final decision on this accident. I hope nobody gets jailed over this. There is no benefit of putting somebody in jail for an accident that nobody wanted. Better if they just collect money to any guilty party and send the money to the relatives of the dead laborer. I thinks that is the better option. There is no benefit in destroying more lives at this point.

"Everything will be alright in the end. If its not, then it's not the end"

Wendy's Father wrote:

Tomorrow the civil defense department will issue the final decision on this accident. I hope nobody gets jailed over this. There is no benefit of putting somebody in jail for an accident that nobody wanted. Better if they just collect money to any guilty party and send the money to the relatives of the dead laborer. I thinks that is the better option. There is no benefit in destroying more lives at this point.

True. As a construction professional I always think of the families. Agents (certainly in the UAE) take up to 10 months wages in advance to secure the job/visa for these labourers which is then split with a local. If the labourer dies and no blood money is sent back to the families then the local loan shark back home doesn't get paid. The wife and kids are effectively mortgaged to pay for the agents fees and if they can't keep up the payments they are either thrown out onto the streets or sent to the brickworks etc. More child labour with no education and the cycle continues... it's an unfair world.

If the laborer belonged to a decent company, he might have had insurance. I wish things would be so.

Well, I guess it depends on who was accidently killed on the site. If it was Saudi, you'd be looking at serious prison time or worse!  A westerner or other non-third country expat, maybe looking at some legal punitive action, but nothing too punishing.  If it's a third country national (meaning 3rd world), they will probably consider his death a wasteful misallocation of manpower at worst, akin to dropping a pallet of bricks on the ground and breaking them.  Sad isn't it?  I hope things turn out ok for you.However, it sounds like you need serious legal representation if you are looking at a possible wrongful death situation. You need professional consultation ASAP. This is beyond forum topic, in seriousness. Get a lawyer. Now. Good luck

Dave-KSA wrote:

Well, I guess it depends on who was accidently killed on the site. If it was Saudi, you'd be looking at beheading or stoning.  A westerner or other non-third country expat, maybe looking at some legal punitive action, but nothing too punishing.  If it's a third country national (meaning 3rd world), they will probably consider his death a wasteful misallocation of manpower at worst, akin to dropping a pallet of bricks on the ground and breaking them.  Sad isn't it?  I hope things turn out ok for you.

:) That's about ruthless murders. Accidents are different.

Wendy's Father wrote:

I do think that you'd share with us the decision right?

we're just waiting... :cool:

Hope for best. Any update?

The civil defense decided to make the insurance company for all the damages in the accident. Nobody was imprisoned.

On a different story, my colleague is now in prison serving a one year jail term. He want to be promoted from electrical inspector to electrical engineer so he told our management that he was a college graduate. The company demanded that he present his diploma fully authenticated by the embassy of his country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia. He was able to get a fake diploma and had it authenticated by the embassy of his country. However, when he submitted the diploma to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabai, the authorities discovered that it was fake. The authorities immediately called the police and he is now serving a one year jail term. Most likely he will not be allowed to go back to Saudi Arabia after serving his jail term.

i mean the insurance paid all the damages.

Wendy's Father wrote:

i mean the insurance paid all the damages.

For a moment, when this thread got updated, i thought you'll open up a statement in saying... "I am currently here at jail, surfing..." :lol:

Anyway, it was good that your worries are now finally over...just be more careful next time!

hell on earth = jail:(

Sin no more !

I'm glad it turned out okay.