From Airport to Male

Will reach the airport at 9:45pm, from Malaysia. How to go to Male, by boat?

..from airport going to Male' you can go by "dhoni" they're traditional boat:) it takes 10minutes and cost 10 Maldivian rufiyaa or
by speed boat just for 3minutes you will reach Male' fare is Mrf 20/-

See you soon!:)

Hi Edvilyn. Thanks for the info. Is the boat service 24 hours daily? As a foreigner who arrives there for the first time, is it safe for me to take the boat at this particular time?

..yeah.,no worries! It's safe...

Happy Trip!:)

I notice there is a mosque near Maldives Islamic bank (MIB) What is the distance between that mosque and MIB? Is it easy to get a room to rent, near that mosque? How much is the room rental, normally? I guess I need a room with effect from August 2012.

..just nearby.,i dont have any idea how much is it,i'm sorry.. Don't you have a free accommodation from your company?

Edvilyn, that company doesn't offer free accommodation. They just allow me to stay in the hotel for 2 weeks before I get a place to stay with effect from august 2012.

..i see.,just like other expats here! are you goin to work in M.I.B.,my friend? if you like you can check to www.ibay.com..

Yup but please don't tell them I am coming hehehe :-)

The mosque is only few steps from Islamic Bank, just in front of the bank. Once you are here, you can check nearby area for your accommodation, just be ready for an advance payment. Rental fees depend on the type of room and amenities.I'm sure you can find one that will suit your needs.

Tqvm for your info, buddy :-)

can I ask how is the free accommodation given by any certain company looks like, I bet it's a room sharing thing but can you describe how it really looks like? is it furnish? equip with like washing machine,Air condition, beds, stove, pillows and other stuffs? thank you! please do message me via PM thanks!

different companies give different types of accommodation depending on your designation too.. for manegerial and up you would get singles sharing apartment/a sharing apartment with private rooms.

it all depends.. on the company tooo. some have their own apartments and some rent it.

regards
mooch

I had a job offer to work in ibrahim international airport as a service crew in a fastfood restaurant, I'll be getting a basic salary of $500 and $150 for my allowances for food, transpo, and other stuffs. do you have any idea what would be the kind of housing I'll get? and do you think the offer is ok? will I survive??

Hi DarylRitz,

Yes,you will surely survive! :D guess,you'll getting some service charge too.. Regarding the accommodation, it depends to your contract if it will be provided by your company then no problem,it will looks like an apartment.,it's fully furnish!

See you soon here in Maldives,kabayan!

Hello ahmads. Good to hear you will be coming over to Maldives in August. I too will be moving there in mid- August. I too am in Islamic Banking currently, but am moving to another industry in Male'. Look forward to meeting with you once we get there inshaAllah.

Thank you for the reply. can I ask how is much you get when you start? sorry if it's quite private thing that I ask.

[Moderated: post in the housing section pls]