Shopping in Tripoli

I'm preparing to pack away the last few things of my home and head back to the one I left behind in Tripoli. I'm very excited to be returning! Being spoilt this pass year with malls galore, I'm wondering what the shopping situation is like right now. Are the same shops open on Gargaresh, for example? I'm mostly curious about clothing but any suggestions are great! :)

Yes, I think all the pre-war clothing shops are back up and running with regular new deliveries now. And more and more clothing shops are opening up along Gagaresh Street too. Last time I went along there I saw a New Look store will be opening soon. I actually preferred it when a shopping trip just meant a trip to Bhs.

Not sure about the shops above souk thelat though - the supermarket's open and back to normal but last time I checked (a month or 2 ago) only a few of the shops on the first floor above were open.

Also lots of new coffee shops opening around the city.
And more home furnishing shops too.

yes,here in Tripoli you can buy anything you like now and all shops back   and also there alot of new shops too .
do not worry about anything
if you need any other information you can write to me
          Thanks
            yakle

No problems with shopping in Tripoli now.

Yes you can now go on a shopping spree very easily!!

Moving to tripoli in about 3 weeks, so wondering what's the average amount you spend in food a month and how much would be a reasonable amount to budget for for a month to cover like food, toiletries, transport, entertainment, and especially dental work like braces.  My rent is already paid for as well as utilities.

Thanks

hello Lisphen,

it will take you like 500 or 600 ld for the as allowance if your going to stay alone , i dont know if your with family .

regards

Riad Abd Allah wrote:

hello Lisphen,

it will take you like 500 or 600 ld for the as allowance if your going to stay alone , i dont know if your with family .

regards

Thanks much Riad, and yes it's just me!  Hope to meet many more Libyans here and when I do finally settle in...as well as other expats.