Moving 2 KL from India...pls advice

Hello,

Hope you all doing good.

I am planning to move to KL. I have 8 years of SAP exp and have been offered the role of a Manager with an IT company and they are offering me MYR 12,000 per month.

Based on the prevailing tax rates I believe I will be netting somewhere around MYR 9600 types per month. I am not gaining in financial terms coz I am earning decent here in india but just for the position offered and to have some international exposure on my resume i am considering this opportunity.

My office will be at Mid Valley City, I will be using public transport and dont wanna have more than 30 mins commute to office. I am open to sharing a flat with an expat. I am single.

Going through the archives, I have got an idea of the living cost.

Kindly advice me on the following points:
1. Is the salary being offered as per current Malaysian standards ?
2. In which areas should I look for a rented condo (only one room) and approx rent for the same?

Thanks for all your time and help.

Regards,
Raj

Hi for 8 years of SAP it's low, but enough for a single person to live off and save some money. Your taxwill be 26% flat rate for the first 6 months or so (depends) so you have to budget for that.

As you said if good for career then good idea - salaries are going down in KL - 9 years ago I couldn't hire a SAP consultant for less than 30k a month, but then the world economy wasn't in the toilet! So now take the viewpoint good for exposure

Hi Nemodot,

Thanks for the response.

How much monthly salary do you think I should ask for?

And if you could pls advice me abt the acco...

Thanks a lot

Raj