Anyone know of a decent Expat squash/badminton club?

Hi, I am trying to find a decent club to join with a friendly atmosphere and preferably mixed.

Well when you ind one let us all know!!
If you want to play some competitive squash there is the riyadh Squash leagues. Google --RIYADH SQUASH

In all my time here i have never seen a lady squash player!!

I play at the Intercontinental -- they have 3 courts --
Also play at Arabian Homes and Fal compound.

Good luck

lol mix  and in riyadh,,,,, wishes never come true .. intercontinetal is the best choice if u wnana play squash... trevorcoxx is perfectlly rite..

Here is the URL of GulfLeagues  Riyadh Squash League:  http://www.gulfleagues.com/index.php/Ge … eague.html

I've been a member but then realized that I was not a league person. The only thing I needed was to play casually. So am inactive since long ;)

We are a group of 3 playing at the intercontinental (1 advanced, 2 intermediate). Let me know if anyone is interested. Cheers

Hi There

Yes I am very interested --I play there often myself

Regards

Trevor

This sounds promising...may be we could sort a group? What nights do you currently play at Inter?

good Evening

Just had a game of squash at the Riyadh Football Club courts --3 excellent glass backed courts and only 15 sar for how ever long you play.

Intercon is 100 sar for a guest!

if anyone wants to make a bit of a group then I am all for it
Club is the first exit after the DQ/ Ritz Charlton on the Jeddah / Meca road
  Regards

Trevor

I am on for a Thursday / Friday game this week.... though 100 SAR is steep..... Pls. confirm will go and buy a Racquet then :p

Riyadh club seeems the most likely place as its 15 sar.
Also seems as if you have expenditure for a racquet .
If you want to play Friday pm say around 15.00 hrs I can meet you there

And this also goes to anyone else that wants to play

Regards

Trevor

I am away this weekend in the UK but agree with Trevor that the Riyadh football club courts would be the best option. Will join after this weekend....

TheLegend / Rob /Trevor

Apologies for the radio silence. We are squash members at Intercon paying 2350/year, but all said we can play anywhere. I tried looking for Nade Riyadh once (the football club), but sadly its slightly far off from where I live though I can join you guys there on the weekend.

I will just PM you my contact details and let's get together soon!

Squashy Regards

@ trevorcox/ Kymadoce/ the_blade/ Rob80

Hey Guys PM me if you wanna have some good Sqaush games, definitely free of cost, at our compound Wed after 1700hrs, Thus and Fri anytime !!!

Hi There
ok where is your compound?

Sounds good to me for Friday pm at about 15.00 hrs if thas ok for everyone -- can be later

No problem

Look forward to it

Regards

Trevor

trevorcox wrote:

Hi There
ok where is your compound?
Sounds good to me for Friday pm at about 15.00 hrs if thas ok for everyone -- can be later

Sent you PM !!

Ok...lets do this ... I am in too... saimans .... do u have xtra racquet for starters or else i wud buy tht....

Good afternoon

Are yu sure that the Arabian Homes squash courts are ok !!!
2 of my friends live there but do not play there because thay are not in a good condition -last time i played there water was leaking on the floor form the AC and the floor had not been swept and was slippery.
Riyadh club seems a better bet to me

Regards

Trev

Kymadoce wrote:

Ok...lets do this ... I am in too... saimans .... do u have xtra racquet for starters or else i wud buy tht....

I don't have extra one, Buy one and get in touch with me, we can have a game today or tomorrow !!!:)

trevorcox wrote:

Good afternoon

2 of my friends live there but do not play there because thay are not in a good condition -last time i played there water was leaking on the floor form the AC and the floor had not been swept and was slippery.

Regards

Trev

Yeh I find them a bit slippery too, I thot that was due to my shoes ;), but apart from that everything is fine....

We can try this court once and if its not OK, then I don't have any issues playing at Riyadh Club !!

I have a friend who is part of a little squash club in his compound at Palm Court :)

saimans wrote:
trevorcox wrote:

Good afternoon

Regards

Trev

Yeh I find them a bit slippery too, I thot that was due to my shoes ;), but apart from that everything is fine....

We can try this court once and if its not OK, then I don't have any issues playing at Riyadh Club !!

Saimans / Trev ...whts the status...PM me the co-ordinates and time...

Kymadoce wrote:

Saimans / Trev ...whts the status...PM me the co-ordinates and time...

No Update from Trev, However, I have sent you the PM !!:)

Guys,

Can all of you please send me your email address, tel# by PM.

I will coordinate a plan for this week.

Thanks

the_blade

the_blade wrote:

Guys,

Can all of you please send me your email address, tel# by PM.

the_blade

I suggest, Lets first get the formal confirmation from individuals and then exchange the mail id's or phone numbers !! :)

Seen in the past nobody turns up eventually.....:(

ha ha ha..... i am sorry saimans.... I totally commit to squash for this weekend.... and ek bar mein commmitment ker don toh main khud ke bhi nahi sunta :p :p

Kymadoce wrote:

ha ha ha..... i am sorry saimans.... I totally commit to squash for this weekend.... and ek bar mein commmitment ker don toh main khud ke bhi nahi sunta :p :p

Don't write any other language here but English, people will be ready to pounce on you, including me :P !!!

BTW, did you got hold of the squash racquets ?

Not yet , I had been to new Lulu which has opened after Batha bridge.... they had shelful of every racquet except Squash :<
Will buy one this weekend from Olaya...

DonE!!! Got a carbon fibre blade.... Who's in the game ...

Kymadoce wrote:

DonE!!! Got a carbon fibre blade.... Who's in the game ...

Get in touch if you wanna have some game tomorrow !! Txt me or call me :)

Thanks dude for hosting me.... it was a grt Change & fun.... shall work on my version 2.0 to run about, beyond 15 mintues... ;>

Kymadoce wrote:

Thanks dude for hosting me.... it was a grt Change & fun.... shall work on my version 2.0 to run about, beyond 15 mintues... ;>

:lol::lol: Good Luck !! Squash Game was fun ..... ;)

Hey Sport loving guys, just wake up - and is anyone ready for the game of squash on the weekend anytime !! :)

Hey guys!!!

anyone knows where to buy a badminton raCKET????

plenty of them at Lulu hypermarket or if you go to Olaya , you have quite a few exclusive sports shops where u wud get all ur play needs...

acef wrote:

Hey guys!!!

Welcome to Riyadh Bro, You can buy them in plenty at the hyper markets... But I think the problem would be finding the Badminton courts.... As I haven't seen people discussing this much on this forum.

Hope you find a good court and do Let us know the details too.... :)

Kymadoce wrote:

plenty of them at Lulu hypermarket or if you go to Olaya , you have quite a few exclusive sports shops where u wud get all ur play needs...

thanx man

saimans wrote:
acef wrote:

Hey guys!!!

Welcome to Riyadh Bro, You can buy them in plenty at the hyper markets... But I think the problem would be finding the Badminton courts.... As I haven't seen people discussing this much on this forum.

Hope you find a good court and do Let us know the details too.... :)

thanx saimans.

I will try find places to play. My prospects are schools for now just dont know if outsiders are welcome so crossfingers....

Anyone for the game of Squash on the weekend, Do PM me !! :)

Guess Riyadh has shortage of squash players..... Reply if anyone is available for the Squash games !!

I play 3 times a week at the Intercon --Playing tomorrow evening at 6 if you are around
Trev