If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

Manal Essa wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
Manal Essa wrote:

your post beppi regarding to this link ==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Dubai

I would have a look at this link > https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/c … b-emirates

its not accessible -_-

Probably censored by the authorities of your country (which is also heavily criticised for human rights violations by the same organisation).
Hopefully you can join the free world at some point ...

Western Europe.
Security of healthcare, education, safety.

My goal is not to make a lot of money. Make some, live fully.

Having said that - money is never enough :)

I would really really love to move to Japan! That is my favorite country and their culture is truly amazing as well! Can't wait to save enough money to sustain my fantasy of living there. I'd really like to hear from other people who answered from way back 2010 or so if they managed to live on their desired country! Cheers everyone!

I love my country but places like Kuwait, Calgary in Canada, Nanjing in China and Boquete in Panama are nice. though haven't decided yet but  these are places I cherish most

It will be am here is the beautiful country The Gambia am a tourist driver here

What is a tourist driver?

Any where in Europe and America but I haven't gotten that chance of going their

what  do you think to live in turkey  istanbul for example and   why  do  you  prefer here  to another

Charlie60 wrote:

Tourist driver could mean either of the following....

1.  A tourist who is driving a vehicle.

2.  A local who earns money by driving tourists around in his vehicle.

cccmedia in Argentina

cccmedia wrote:
Charlie60 wrote:

Tourist driver could mean either of the following....

1.  A tourist who is driving a vehicle.

2.  A local who earns money by driving tourists around in his vehicle.

cccmedia in Argentina

Or a piece of code that connects tourists to an operating system.

This space reserved for future expat.com upgrades.

cccmedia wrote:

However, since Charlie 60 said above that he is a "tourist driver," one of the first two descriptions is probably applicable in the context of this thread.cccmedia

That wasn't Charlie; that was Sheriffo in Post #730, who said he was one in Gambia.

My spouse and I agree that if we could live anywhere, we would go back to Italy to live again.  We had lived in Central Italy for 7 years, up until 2007, during which time we spent part of every winter in different Alpine country.  If we return, we would love to live in Valle d'Aosta region in northwest Italy — Breuil-Cervinia or Valtournence, in the shadow  of the Matterhorn (the backside) to be exact.  From those towns, my husband can again ski the Italian Alps, Swiss Alps, and French Alps anytime his heart desires. 

Clean air, breathtaking scenery, good healthcare facilities, year round cultural activities, sports, and exercise, no language obstacle, very little  vehicular traffic, gentle and healthy living, open-minded people — there's nothing else we couldn't find there.

Ciambella wrote:

we spent part of every winter in different Alpine country....

From those towns, my husband can again ski the Italian Alps, Swiss Alps, and French Alps anytime his heart desires. 

Clean air, breathtaking scenery ... no language obstacle...

'No language obstacle' in the Italian Alps?

is that because y'all speak Italian .. or most locals speak English .. or some other reason?

cccmedia in Argentina

Because of the location, everyone in that area speaks at least 4 languages:  Italian, French, English, and German in addition the local dialect.  Two foreign languages are also taught in public schools to children of all grades.

We speak Italian (from the 7 years living in a small town where the number of English speakers could be counted on the fingers of one hand) and of course, English.  Thus, there's no language obstacle at all.

'The world is too large to stay in one place. 

Live simply and travel widely.'

-- Life motto of Ciambella, who has traveled to 49 USA states (not Alaska) and 61 countries, as expressed in her expat.com bio page :top:

Kudos for your devotion to your husband and his love of skiing. :)

Vietnam, Cambodia and Denmark

akvap2013 wrote:

Vietnam, Cambodia and Denmark.

Denmark, huh?

What things do you like about Denmark?

cccmedia in Argentina's Patagonia

I would like to say Denmark is better.. from other..

Yes it was me who said he is from The Gambia yes I am an a tourist driver too, well I know alot about my country so lovely,beach side an beautiful holiday with a lot of history places too

I would choose the remotest possible places and avoid the rest of humanity :)

Isn't Denmark very expensive to live in?

Charlie60 wrote:

Isn't Denmark very expensive to live in?

"If you could live anywhere" implies that price is not an issue.
Fact is anyway that the nicer places normally cost more.

True.

I want  be Documentary filmmaker and going to all place to world. ...that is my dream 😉😉😉😍😍

Close to my love. Russia

Be careful what you wished for! Russia really? Russian are moving out from Russia, this country is known as gangster's paradise, home of the famous of all mafias, the organized crime (Russian mafia).

Zurick

Love to give the sepik area a go to give dredging a go.
Is there any good or bad stories that can give us more Insight please ?

I'd love to live in Singapore

Monaco :)

I would wanna live in America.

I actually live there its just that i do not have the green card to stay legal. All i want is the green card to stop worrying about MBC, and fees and meetings and all that for getting a visa and pay 2000$ every time to get it and

Sam.dmv wrote:

I would wanna live in America.

North or Latin America?

There is only 1 America.  :)

Hello Sam, when the quality of living is so much better then your own home fully understand the choice of America. Hope you manage to obtain a green card.
In other western countries its also pricey like Australia or Canada.
Cheers Antonian

Spain! 💛

Malaysia or Singapore, with a Maldivian man #dream

Palawan.

Me too.  I just fell in love with this small and beautiful country.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR