If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

Bonjour I am from Mauritius, but been living abroad for nearly 30 years. I wanted to return to Mauritius but it does not look too rosy there. The crime rate is up, pollution is high and cost of living can be ridiculous.
I am deciding between Florida and Mauritius.

Agree! a bit expensive though!

Qatar absolutely.

"The Kingdom of Bhutan"...there is something mystical about this place which is hard to explain. Though I visited this place a very long time ago, I still remember the magical sound of the dungchen which resonated through the hills and the trees during the evenings.

Wow!!!!! That  sounds very poetic......reading you makes me want to discover this country.....thank you for sharing :)

As much as I love living in Slovakia, a possible option for me could be Switzerland, with a clean and organised society and a strong economy.

Aditya.pangikal wrote:

I still remember the magical sound of the dungchen which resonated through the hills and the trees during the evenings.

Buddhist monks play the dungchen or Tibetan long trumpet  during evening prayer in Bhutan.

In one of the West Indian islands.

I will not choose anywhere let the place itself chose me.....very odd to hear but true....all the places are some merits and demerits so according to me wherever you get suited is right place otherwise this whole universe is ours so we can leave anywhere up-to our capacity

Aryavrat, yes, you are so right, you are talking out of my soul!  :top:

aryavrat wrote:

I will not choose anywhere let the place itself chose me.....very odd to hear but true....all the places are some merits and demerits so according to me wherever you get suited is right place otherwise this whole universe is ours so we can leave anywhere up-to our capacity

Very  off topic :

Where have you been? I'm glad I see a post from you here.
It means you're still alive 😉

Thanks dear

Primadonna

Yes I am alive and back in the forums

Islamabad or Lahore. ♥

San jose los angeles usa

Already chosen Montenegro; will move in a year

I like to live in turkey and want to spent my remaining life in turkey

Winter in Vietnam. Spring in France. Summer in Montreal. Fall in California.

PaulToca,

That´s what my right brain hemisphere dictates!

You´re my best friend! Best answer so far...

Great minds think alike!

robal

Cali all the way

Mfd87 wrote:

San jose los angeles usa

FYI ~ There are extreme differences of environmental quality levels, between San Jose, and Los Angeles. :cool:

I have plenty of destinations I need to try: Canada, US, UK and Germany

robal wrote:

PaulToca,

Great minds think alike!

robal

"Great minds think alike!" ~ :whistle:

ARB360 wrote:
robal wrote:

PaulToca,

Great minds think alike!

robal

"Great minds think alike!" ~ :whistle:

Ditto! And the ARB360 "nit-picking" couple, strikes again!:lol:

Melisarandhawa wrote:

Islamabad or Lahore. ♥

:/

Saudi arabia

India 😍

wickeddestiny wrote:

India 😍

Obviously, a most appropriate choice. :top:

ARB360:

I wasn´t quoting anyone! My statement only coincided with that famous quote.

Expat.com has so many typos. Please don´t develop a disorder putting things your own way. If you want everything perfect, stay in your own world!

robal

FYI ~ We stand corrected. However, keeping life in "orderly" perspective, action speaks much louder than pretentious, high-horse riding words.  Indeed, if we were thinking, in conjunction with PaulRoca, then we'd certainly be celebrating the up-coming Winter Solstice in the province of Na Trang, rather than Rio Grande do Sul.  And kindly, please do pardon our planet Earth "rooted", yet imperfect typos. Obrigado! Been there, done that, and have the appropriate "original" T-shirt trophies, hanging in our closet. Capisce? :cool:

Next time, try taking that type of reactionary reply, to PM board, instead. Happy Holidays, :cheers:

ARB360,

Obrigado. I´ve been all over the world including Turkey. I was stationed in Europe for a few years, traveled all over Asia so I know where PaulRoca is coming from.

Rio Grande do Sul is fine and dandy for now until I finish my project! I also make Brazil as my launch area for other travels...

I´ve collected my own trophies and I thought I was over with my "essays" corrected as when I was in college.

Tchau, and God Bless You!

robal

Cancelled, :cheers:

College also made me a lot of money! LOL!

Hey, nice talking to you!

robal

I guess it would a nice tropical island with wonderful beaches, nice people, food and with a laid back lifestyle where I can enjoy my retirement - have a few people to help around!!  Asking for too much.

Guess I would go with living in Seychelles.

vung tau vietnam!!!!!!!!!!!

Malaysia

morocco39 wrote:

Malaysia

Malaysia is a wonderful country but I still prefer Indonesia.
I have every intention of staying here until I snuff it, get buried here, then rot and become part of the land.

I lived in Malaysia for almost 11 years and loved every bit of it. Was overwhelmed by their multiculture and stunning islands.

:top:

morocco39 wrote:

I lived in Malaysia for almost 11 years and loved every bit of it. Was overwhelmed by their multiculture and stunning islands.

Kindly satisfy my curiousity. Why did you leave Malaysia?

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR