Driving license in Fiji

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Fiji?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Fiji?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

To obtain a Fiji drivers license, there is an oral exam and road test.  The oral exam is mainly to demonstrate that the applicant understands the basic rules of the road and what the road sign symbols mean.  The road test is similar to what most countries have, and is waived for those who hold a valid drivers license from a country that drives on the left side of the road.

There are fees for applying for a license, a learners permit, taking the test and for the license.  The license can be purchased for up to 6 years at one time.  The fees, in Fiji dollars (approx $1.75 FJD = $1 USD)are on this page:  http://www.ltafiji.com/services.php

I had to show my passport and residency permit to apply.

John

You can just fill out an application form from the LTA office and pay a fee of F$21.00 for your license.Also you will need to shown you passport with visa or permit to reside stamped on your passport.

Bill

Thank you John & Bill for your help! ;)

Aurélie

depands on wats the nature of your stay here in fiji.

[Moderated: off topic]

yOU CAN DRIVE IN THE PHIL, JUST LIKE THE TOURIST. IF YOU ARE STAYING HERE FOR LONG YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR DRIVER'S LIC CONVERTED TO FIJI LIC. JUST SHOW IT TO THE lAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (lta.)

Hi  joeltrazodoc57,

Please can you avoid posting in caps lock this tend to make your post difficult to read.

Regards,

David.

ahm I live in new Zealand and I have my learners here could I get my Fiji driving full licence over there I'm originally a Fijian