Driving license in Taiwan

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Taiwan?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Taiwan?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

YES you can I did mine 2 months ago. Most driver's liscences  can be done at the driving school. You can complete an online test in English and Do the driver's test at the driving school.Check tealit.com for info. You can download the questions they will ask. I recommend you read it through and do the practice test  because their English usage is  quite tricky. You can use the driving school's car and practice. You will need to practice for the yard test especially the s curve , parallel. You only get one shot at all the stuff.They have sensors on the road everywhere - hit one and depending on how many times -you can fail the test.you will have to wait 7 days to retry. The test is in no way realistic but  that's Taiwan :). follow sound advice and you'll pass 1st time. You can use your IDL Liscense and get it transferred. It depends on where you are from. However be forewarned , should you have an accident regardless of whose fault, insurance companies have been known to refuse/ fail to pay out even with a IDL permit - NO  matter what the DMV  offices say about using your IDL if you plan on being here a few years - a Taiwan driver's liscensce is best  . I'm South African and I got mine for insurance purposes.

Thanks for your contribution expatleanie!;)

Harmonie.