How to make friends in Kochi (Cochin)?

I am an art teacher, photographer and writer.  I am moving to India and have chosen Kochi.  I am looking for a job in the Kochi area.  I will be moving in July of 2010...ONLY 10 months left to go and lots to get done!  I am getting everything ready here for this big move and wish to make new friends, meet people that would be so kind to help me out in finding the right places for me to look at and go.  I have many questions and things to research to get things ready for me there.  Most greatful for any information you can offer.
Thanks and have a great day!
Laura

u will have great time in Kochi --- great place with "boating house"

I think if you visit "boathouse" u can get some . there are clubs available

it is easy get friend when u are in kochi rather than in US. U will not face any problem to get good people.

Hey Hi

U have any support in Kochi...me basically from Kochi but settled in Chennai,let me know if u need any help once Your here.

Dear Sir/Madam

We are Indian based web design company aiming to produce Professional, creative, easily navigated websites. We are looking for marketing consultants /online marketing managers who can add value to companies growth with thier skills. The assignment can be completed by working fulltime/part time from home as well.Please reply to sandeep at lukasa-consult dot com

Hello Edamanat :)

For job offers, you should post an advert under Bangalore classifieds by selecting the Jobs section. The classifieds section is specially designed for such adverts.

Here, you are off topic, the initial topic is - How to make firneds in Kochin (Cochin)?

Thanks

hi..this is manu here.
i jus saw your updates in your profile..tht you r movin to India and all..being one from Kerala, it made me curious to know y you chose Kochi, while there r many other options in India? how you came to knw abt Kerala?
have you got the job? r u already in kerala?

if u r not particular abt Kochi, i think, you can give a try in an international school at my city, Trivandrum.

http://www.trins.org/
this is the link for the school..lots of foreign teachers are teaching here.

and if you are able to find some extra time in life you can volunteer with SISP @ trivandrum, where you can teach the arts and crafts.
http://www.sisp.be

or even you can volunteer with www.tidycity.org, an anti litter campaign run by a group of young citizens, where i believe your
experiences from a country which have effectively doing this can help them more.

and all the above you will be getting more chances to interact with the fellow citizens and to make good friends.

sorry tht i cdnt contribute much on to your Kochi factor..but you can try the same at kochi by finding out similar groups :-)

all the best wishes for your life in India
make good friends..and be happy :-)

manu
[email protected]

Hi Laura, I am basically from karnataka, recently shifted to cochin. I donot have any friends here and since I dont know the loacal language Malayalam, I was not able to make any friends till now. If you are interested, please mail me at [email protected]

Regards
Zeena

Welcome on Expat.com Zeena ;)

Thanks Yud :)

Hi Laura,

I am not too sure how late am I replying to your post.
Did U finally settle in Cochin?

hi
anybody partying in kochi

hai

im georgie from i gt ur message were ur now still in cochin if soplz reply me

georgie

my email

[email protected]

Hi to everyone.

I am Helen from China.I and my husband(he is an India from northeast)are going to live in Cochin.

To make some nice local friends will be our pleasure.

Welcome to contact:
helenh789[a]yahoo.com

Thanks.:)