Expat.com gatherings in Manaus

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Manaus Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Manaus: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, whos in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Manaus. ;)

Best,

Julien

I'm in! :)

Hi Julien,

I will be moving to Manaus on the 1st of Nov and find it a great idea but don't know exactly where to start.

Would you help me to set up a meetup blog?

Thanks
Joy

Hello Joy,

Once you get to Manaus I think you'll get to meet a few of our members there. If you want to organize a get-together after you've arrived let me know and I will give you some very useful tips.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply. I really would like to know how I can meet other members in Manaus ?!

I will contact you as soon as I get there.

Cheers
Joy

Hi Joy, I live in Manaus. I made the move August 8. Send me a private message and we can chat more. There are other members in Manaus as well and active on this forum.

Matt-

Hi All, Just moved to Manaus from Canada August 2013. Would be great to meet up.

Hi!

I'm not a expat, but I will move to Manaus and I'm able to meet with expat people as I do in my city (Belo Horizonte).

Welcome to Brazil, people!

Cheers!

We moved the same month, and you lasted longer than me. :)

I just sent you a PM.

Hello everyone ;)

What do you think if we help you organize an Expat.com gathering in Manaus soon in order to enable you all to make new acquaintances?

All that we need is a date, a place and the time convenient to all of you.

We look forward to your proposals.

Eventually we will take a decision and inform everyone that a meeting will be scheduled soon.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

I agree!

Actually, in my case, I live next to Manaus. But, the next date I will be able there will be on April 13 and 14.

Let's make it happen Hasnaa!

Regards

if you want you can 'meet right to know, will you?

Hi all,

I know this is a very old thread, and that's a big no-no on forums, but I didn't think it would make sense to start a new thread on the same topic - mods feel free to move this to a new thread if necessary.

Looks like Manaus has fallen out of favour with expats, more than 4 years later no one else has decided to make the leap  :D
Anyway, I decided since no one else was going to do it then I'd be the one! I arrived in Manaus with my Brazilian fiancée 3 weeks ago. I'm loving the new family life here in Brazil - slightly less Manaus and Brazilian ways for the time being!

I'd be very interested in meeting up with some of the members on here that are currently in Manaus, getting some tips on what brought you here, how you settled in and on day to day life in Manaus!

All the best,

Brian

Welcome to Manaus, Brian!  I've lived here over a year, been coming to the city three years before that, ever since I met my husband, a Manauara. 
PM me, and we can look into meeting up.

Hi Brian and Abthree,

I am also a Manaus "resident" for not more than one year. Practically, because I work abroad, I have been in the city and its surroundings only for a few weeks, on my holidays.
I will be back in Manaus in mid-February, and I will stay, having some job opportunities there.
I will be happy to catch up with other expats, hope it will happen.

Best,
Essauira

Hi Essauira,

Hope you've enjoyed all that Manaus has to offer so far! Glad to know there's even more expats on the forum living here. Barring an ill-fated sucuri hunting expedition I should be around in mid-February! It'd be great if we could all catch up.

Cheers,
Brian

Definitely I will contact both of  you, maybe by then you will be a big group! :)
Yes, Manaus has some great spots, and still many things to explore. Also in the surroundings.

Essauira,
Terrific - and you'll be back just in time for Carnaval!  If we can't find some fun then, it will come looking for us.

Hi everyone, abthree and Brian and whoever is in Manaus!

I am in Manaus, and looking forward to meet with anybody who is available for an expat gathering.
I think the best place would be to meet in the center somewhere, so that everyone could reach easily.

Maybe this weekend?

Essauira

Hi Essauira,

Only saw this message now, hope you're enjoying Manaus so far ! This weekend would be fine for me. I'm not too familiar with the center, my wife and I usually stick to the Ponta Negra/Adrianopolis/Vieiralves areas, but if you know a good place in town then I'm more than happy to try !

Brian

Hi Brian,

I live in Ponta Negra too. My phone number is ***. You can call  me or add me to what`s upp so that we can communicate much easier.

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, Essauira and Brian!

Thank you both for being better at staying in touch than I am.  :huh:

This weekend looks good for us, too, preferably evenings.  We go to 5PM Mass in the Cathedral on Saturday night, and usually go out after that anyway; Sunday evening works, too. We live in Centro, but go to Vieralves, Parque 10 and Laranjeiras a lot.  Not very familiar with your part of town, more from lack of opportunity than lack of interest.

Some places we like, not as suggestions but just to throw some names out there:

-- Seu Luiz, Av. RioMar, Vieralves -- rodízio of appetizers and seafood from Northeastern Brazil
-- Rancho Búfalo, Av. Constantino Nery, north of Millenium Shopping -- typical Brazilian churrascaria, but you go to the meat
-- House Grill, Parque 10 -- also a churrascaria, meat comes to you
-- Pastelotta, Laranjeiras -- pizza and pasta rodízio.

Hi,

Great, we are getting more and more!
:)
All those places are fine with me, I/we like to explore new places.
Just need to agree on the day, time, place with Brian too.