Expat blog gatherings in Brasilia

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Brasilia Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Brasilia: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Brasilia. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi,

How long have you been in Brasilia? =) How's Brasilia? Is crazy? :D

I will be there next year. I want to make as many friends as possible.

Best Regards

Cristina

Hello Cristina and welcome to Expat.com! :)

Julien is the founder of Expat.com!

This thread has been launched in order to help members to organise an Expat.com gatherings in Brasilia by proposing a date, an hour and a place.

Feel free to make some suggestions.

Thank you,
Aurélie

We should get this forum to warm up a bit and finally arrange a meeting with all expats in Brasília. How does it sound?

Hi atmenezesBrazil,

As you are aware meet-ups are up to the members themselves to arrange. My position as Animator is strictly voluntary, but if I had the personal funds to travel there's nothing I'd love more than to travel around this great country and hold a gathering in every state capital and the Federal District. But, that's life for an old guy on a fixed pension.

If you'd like to arrange a meet-up I think it would be wonderful. I can get the Administration Team to assist you with a mailout to all the members in Brasilia to divulge your plans.

For the best chance of success you should:

Choose a location that is central and thus convenient to everybody;

Arrange a time and date for the gathering that is at least 3 weeks or more in the future, to allow members to fit it into their schedules;

Post a SEPARATE (NEW)topic on the forum to announce your meet-up, giving all the details and asking for interested members to reply before a certain date (this would allow you to modify any reservations if needed);

Contact me via private message with the details, which I will forward to Expat-blog Admin. and have them do a mass mailout to members in Brasília and Goias.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team