Expat blog gatherings in Baku

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Baku Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Baku: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Baku. ;)

Best,

Julien

suree i m up for it ..nice idea ..keep me posted

--this sounds really interesting!:) I have posted several here for those who ask about baku and I have no idea who these people are. It would be wonderful to meet them in real life!:) I am definitely up to it! :)meet in a pub for a pint, coffee place or organise a private party nae problem!:) There is this 4th of July party that is organised by Am Cham, it will be held in Jumeirah Beach hotel in Bilge,anyone is welcome to join, entrance is 35azn. We can all meet up there!:)It will be ful of expats and some very friendly locals!:)

Yeap..I think it will be a great idea...especially for the new foreigners who just move here...like me hehehe...so maybe by have the gathering could help each other to share some information such as like how to living in Baku, where to find a nice night club to dancing, where to get a stationery shop, etc...well something like that...

So...just keep me posted yaa...

Have a nice day all <<...>>

cheers,

- AG -

Hello..I'm azeri, i can organize party for expat-blog members in Baku..If so, write me..Thanks

Hai Barrientos,

May I ask how far is that the Jumeirah Beach hotel in Bilge from Baku...well...from Hyatt ?!? Well cos we still learning to understand about the area especially in Baku City...so yeah..i think a little bit more information really could help me....:)

And I think...to meet other people and exchange some information especially about Baku ..and makes a lots of new friends will be so much fun...

Anyway...is there anyone also will come to the concert COOLDANCE in Gala Bazaar on Saturday nite, 7th July 2012...?!?!

Have a nice nite all <<...>>

cheers,

- AG -

hey,
we can gather monthly, or weekly.
I thinks Adam's Curries are open again. It is a nice place, Wednesdays are buffet days.

So if you wanna gather, just inform me about the place and date. And I'll be there.

And where this Adam's Curries...?!?! Sorry guys but I'm just really really really new in this lovely city hehehe

cheers,

- AG -

facebook.com/pages/Adams-Curries/123673817720175?ref=ts

there you go.
why don't we get together on Wednesday?

Hai CSG,

So sorry just reply ur message...anyway sorry couldn't make last Wednesday..since have an appointment with the agent to saw some apartments...

Btw...been in Adam Currie's and their food is so delicious...we (me and my husband) really like that...so we think gonna be back soon hehehe...

cheers,

- AG -

Hi people, i'm new in Baku when is the next gathering and where?
Rgds,
Walter

well we can eat together every saturday?

Hi cgs,
Let's meet tomorrow for dinner and anyone wishing to join is welcome. We can meet somewhere and look for a place to go. I have only been here for a week so I don't know many places but we can go to fountain sq. & we should find somewhere nice. My mobile nr 0503422460

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Anyone who wants to play frisbee every saturday at 9ish in the morning?;)

oh damn! where were you before i injured my knee!!!!
i have a torn meniscus for a week so i barely walk. and can not climb stairs!!!! =( no sports for me for 1.5-2 months!
anyway if you are gonna sit in somewhere and eat well i hope i can join.

Hai CSG,

So sorry to hear ur accident...and hope that u will get well soon...anyway...back again in BAKU now ....even in another 2 weeks will be away again heheheheh...

Have a great day all

You can always join these :-

The English-Speaking Union of Azerbaijan (in Formation)
facebook.com/groups/344590202288132/

hi friends, nice to find this blog.

i need some advice from you guys. my wife and i are journalists, based in muscat, oman. we are originally from india. we are planning to move to baku. pls give your opinions on this.

how is the media industry in baku? are there a lot of english tv channels and english newspapers in terms of job opportunity?

also is it true the expat income is tax-free?

feedback will be really helpful. we may even visit there this august. 

cheers
nadim

well I prefer you to not to come here in baku especially for media purpose as there is very limited freedom of speech for media and I have never seen English newspaper in my 2.3 years in Baku I am also sure they don't even have local English news channel

Hello Julien,

Unfortunately, I am no longer resident in Baku. I actually left Azerbaijan last September after having worked there for two years. I have many memories of Azerbaijan and I still feel I can contribute to this website if and when required.

Cheers,
Ian

[moderated: off topic + please post your advert in the classifieds > event section]