Expat blog gatherings in Jeddah

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Jeddah Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Jeddah: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Jeddah. ;)

Best,

Julien

I'm in and thanks Julien for being initiative.

This sounds fun!:D

Nothing personal but as of Jeddah, people here are Muslims and get together with opposite genders is not allowed as per the religion and the rules allocated in this country.

We all know that, but we also do know that there are specific places where gender mixing are not strictly enforce.

even if the gender mixing is not enforced... there are some moral etiquettes of Islam living within people... they dont need any enforcement to follow the rules and regulations.
Peace

its a great idea..hope some gathering works out soon

Am in , in the downtown where we can share a wonderful Arabic milk tea with ginger.
its public and well known place and the mall.

Julien we need really help

I've seen and read some of the meeting plans but sorry to say it seems no one had ever succeed....

hi tryfly - make an event and lets try to work it out. even if 4-5guys meet for starters should be good.

meedo2020 wrote:

I'm in and thanks Julien for being initiative.

yeah right he should be his the founder remember......

mountaineer8888 wrote:

hi tryfly - make an event and lets try to work it out. even if 4-5guys meet for starters should be good.

that will be unfair to the girls or women of expat....

Hello,

you should suggest a place, a date (2 or 3 weeks in advance) and time. :)

there goes christine, and the suggestions came from a girl. go go go.

how about we do it for real this time , i suggest lets just say the date and the place and just get on it already .maybe 2 weeks from now in friday 21/8/2012

as for where , any cafee at tahlya st since its well known to every 1 , even if its just for dinner ,at any restaurant pizza hut is good for group meetings , or starbucks for a cafee ,there are also others if any 1 wanna suggest or add something ...so how about that

mate i think ur over reacting its just a meeting for dinner ,wer all foreigners in this country and yes most of us here r muslims ,but this is the only way to make new friends and meet some ppl,and with all due respect if u dont like this idea that much then why are u here :S....

stc wrote:

even if the gender mixing is not enforced... there are some moral etiquettes of Islam living within people... they dont need any enforcement to follow the rules and regulations.
Peace

medo2010mkm wrote:

how about we do it for real this time , i suggest lets just say the date and the place and just get on it already .maybe 2 weeks from now in friday 21/8/2012

as for where , any cafee at tahlya st since its well known to every 1 , even if its just for dinner ,at any restaurant pizza hut is good for group meetings , or starbucks for a cafee ,there are also others if any 1 wanna suggest or add something ...so how about that

well it seems your a good leader, so I second the motion......:D

medo2010mkm wrote:

mate i think ur over reacting its just a meeting for dinner ,wer all foreigners in this country and yes most of us here r muslims ,but this is the only way to make new friends and meet some ppl,and with all due respect if u dont like this idea that much then why are u here :S....

stc wrote:

Peace

as what he said peace.....

:D me leader naaaaaah ,im just saying we must do it this time