Expat blog gatherings in Chennai

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Chennai Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Chennai: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Chennai. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi people,

i would like to host this meeting.

put your thoughts and send your likes and interest.

we can arrange for a meeting

lets party

cheers
sandy

Hi sandy, you may perhaps propose a date, a place & the time for the MeetUp, other members may be interested too.;)

Harmonie.

hi harmonie,

thanks for your suggestion.i was looking for more of a participation from all.rather i say and ppl follow, i want this event to be a mix of all likes and interests

cheers
sandy

we are two new expat girl in chennai and we would be interested in this meeting! Let us know when you'll plan it!

Sarah and Florence

Hi Guys,

Great Idea. Only 2 questions comes up,
When and where?

Ciao..

Hello caxman.

As Harmonie suggested, you can propose a date, an hour and a place. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Aurelie,

Thanks!
Someone has to set ball rolling, and I will be the one.

date: 27th July 2012, around 2000h at Bbar.
Bbar is loacted at Somerset Greemways Chennai at MRC Nagar.
Location Details of Bbar can be found at http://www.somerset.com/en/india/chenna … de_form=55

Please let me who is in?
Also any other ideas of place and time is appreciated.

ciao, Laxman

good initiative Caxman!

am in! others... ??

hey, thanks folks for showing interest and sending lot of pvt msgs. as per team suggestion, now we have good combination of ppl (local and expats). will send you updates in your mail id/mobile no shared.

thanks again

cheers
sandy

Sounds interesting.Count us in.
Would love to meet up other members in the forum.

Thanks,
Sugar and Spice

Great Going. seems like chennai expat is getting some life finally... :)

There is a monthly CS meetup (Couchsurfing.com) though not exactly for expats but often locals and tourists from other nations meet up for the evening, expats also attend this.

1) This place is usually in "Pizza Republic" (Now Sam's Pizza) @ Sterling Road , Nungambakkam, or "By the Bay" in Adyar.
Sam's pizza is large enough to hold meetups and the staff there are used to meetups happening there so they're not fussy and you can take your time hanging out.

2) There is always the "Spring Hotel" in kodambakkam high road. Nice interiors. They got a movie themed restaurant with a projector . There is also a pub attached "Star Rock Cafe" in the basement. This seems fine as other star hotels sporting a pub are too expensive in my opinion.
http://www.thespringhotel.com/images/pages/welcome1.jpg http://static.chennaiboutiquehotels.com/images/hotel/max500/215/2154537.jpg

There are many more. Lets see what other expats/locals have to say about the places.

I am an architect and Ihave hosted a few expats on their initial days in chennai. So it'd be great knowing more people from this community.

Cheers !

hey i am new to chennai basically i am from mumbai here for my studies so i would love to make new friends and join the meet ups.
so if u guys do not mind please include even me for the meet ups

you can add me for my contact details
regards
bharath kumar

hello ppl so really gr8 u guys planin to meet up.... me definitely in.... hence am new guy around here i mean really new guy i really like to make this happen instead just go down just a a forum thank you ppl cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BOOO ;)

Hi everybody, was the first meeting already held? If not I tell you, I want to join, me and some of my other friends. Maybe we need a digital list to which we can subscribe... I stay tuned.

HI ferex,

thanks for showing interest. yes the meeting went well. but only 3 of us turned on that day.

looking forward for more interactions here before having one more meeting.

eager to meet u soon

@sandy
is tht the meetup happend just as u planned on 27 july?
wen and wer did u guys meet? ty

The Booo

Hi guys!
i hope that your meeting was great!
i would like to organize anothere one soon!
agreed!?

hi guys,
i am new to chennai, basically i am from France, I moved here for work. So i would love to make new friends and join the meet ups. This meeting are a really good idea!!
so if u guys do not mind please add me for the meet ups

Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm Paul. Travelling to Chennai for business in october for 1 week from Sunday 21 October.
Anyone available for drinks and make me discover the city ?

is the meet happening again ??? wen and wer eager

I am already excited about it!! please msg me the details [email protected]

hello guys there's a concert like dj on 5th of oct 2012 at Star Rocks(pub) near nugambakkam u guys r welcome i would like to invite and take this opportunity for a meet up may be..... all u guys welcome and hve a gr8 nite.....hope we find r expact members and make some good frns ty

The Booo

Si vous aviez ecri en français je vous aurais ecrit quelque chose de bien Sayonara Jean-claude

@bolatre - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Ready for a meet of coffee in the evening at 7 pm.
say this Saturday
How many will join.
We should have good number.
I am resident of chennai

hello....is there any activity ? would like to meet people...!!

Hello frm Chennai.
need info to share and Network !

no responce frm any person in te group

hello me frm chennai..
North indian wear u frm
advice
how to get along
m 34

Hey guys,

I'm prasath. Travelling to Chennai for business in october for 1 week from Sunday 21 October.
Anyone available for drinks and make me discover the city ?