Expat blog gatherings in Moscow

What about tomorrow ? Is anyone up there ?

Of course you can come Tasel! The more the merrier:)

dSeldom, of course i'm in!)) i would be happy to meet you all, guys)
So, we meet on 15th of October at 8pm?:)

So any idea, when & where do we meet ?

Starbuck Arbatskaya On the 15th (next monday) at 7pm,
ok for everyone?

I have just found a job as an English tutor from 7 to 8 on Mondays... But I can join you guys at 8:30 at Starbucks

Hey how r u hope ur doing great... im coming 2 Moscow this month and i will stay 7 hours in the airport .. before i go to Tyumen .. so i would like to know if i could vist RED Square is it enough and even if it is easy to ride public transportation and i can't speak or read russian .. and further more when i go 2 tyumen where do u advise me to go ,,, good day all :D

What's up, everybody? This thread is growing and getting more and more traction.  I logged in and a big smile crossed my face.  It's awesome to see that so many people are hoping to make it this coming Monday (the 15th of October).

Guys, let's make it around 8pm. This way all the people who work can make it and people who take public transportation/taxis do not have to ride through the rush hour and traffic jams. And it's still early enough for us to have some time to meet and talk and still make it home in time for us to get some rest for the next day.

I like Sarah's suggestion to meet on Arbatskaya at Starbucks.  Maybe we can ask them for a group discount on coffee. lol

So Monday the 15th of October 8pm at Starbucks on Arbatskaya.

Beco, welcome to Russia.  It depends on what time you're flying in.  It might take you some time to get to the Red Square during the rush hour traffic.  I am not sure about where to go when you get to Tyumen' but make sure you dress warm.  It's pretty cold up here.

Hi everyone!
Can I participate in your party in Sturbucks on 15th? Actually, there are two Sturbucks at Arbat street. Which one do you meen?

Elinchi, yes, everyone is welcome.  It's simply a time for all of us to get together.

I believe when Sarah suggested Starbucks she meant the one in the beginning (Arbat 19/2)

http://www.timeout.ru/restaurant/place/15980/
or
https://plus.google.com/103541669536831 … U&hl=ru-RU

dSeldom, ok, thank you very much. See you on Monday.

What's up, guys and girls?  I'm happy to say that I have finally made it to Moscow from the north country (I was visiting the Ural mountains area for a bit). Just landed in Sheremetevo about 2 hours ago.

I am looking forward to this coming Monday with so much excitement I can hardly contain myself. lol  I wrote down a list of names of people who indicated that they are going to be at Starbucks on Monday. So just to kind of have an idea of who's coming and how many people we should expect, take a look.

myself (dSeldom)
Nat22
Gowiththeflow
elvik59
michelle88
mjenko
life is for sharing
Tasel
winteriscoming
GulyaV
Elinchi

So we are looking at a group of at least 11 people. Some of you said that you might bring a best friend with you.  This should be fun or should I say this will be "off-the-hook".  I don't know about you guys, as for me - I can't wait. lol

dSeldom, great! thak you very much for the organisation! I'm looking forward for the meeting also. See you on Monday.

Hello!

I'd like to participate.

Can you add me to this list please? :-)

Yes, sir. You're in. There is no real list to participate. It was just for all of us to know who is coming. See you Monday.

It's going to be interesting event!

dSeldom, can I come with my friend? She would like to participate also.

Yes, of course.  It seems like everyone will be bringing a friend.  I am starting to think some of you might be afraid of people from other countries (just joking). :) 

I am not going to be bringing any friends, I don't have any yet.  I've met some guys and girls yesterday and hung out today (a couple of them from Tokyo and a New Zealand crew - we had fun watching some street performers and trying some Russian food).

So I'm hoping to make friends with all of you expats and Moscovites tomorrow.  See you all really soon.

Hey!!I would like to join you as well!!!It seems to be a really great time and fun:top:

See you all soon :)

That meeting was great, guys and girls!
Thanks to all of you.

Hope we will realise all ideas which we discussed yesterday.

And where is the photo?! :)

Absolutly agree!

Yeah, I second that motion. What other place in the world can you go to and end up with 13 friends by the end of the night? It was awesome to meet everyone. We're definitely doing something like that again.

Sorry guys, i was bit busy and couldn't send the photos. Today for sure i will send it and we all can share :-)

So...since our first meeting was such an epic fail to those who did not make it and it was such an epic win for all of us who did come...I say we do it again.

But this time, as many of you suggested, let's go wild and crazy.  We had some crazy discussions and some crazy ideas.

So we've heard suggestions such as banya, bowling, pool hall, karaoke, strip poker, 17hr drinking binge (european style) and last but not least dinner.  Where do you want to go and what do you want to do?

I vote for bowling and then dinner (maybe even with a condition that losers buy winners some steak burgers):) 

So let's put our heads together and plan this one out.

Danny, have you ever planned to write a book?
Or at least one small blog with description of events of your life? I'll be the first one to subscribe to it :-).
For sure, investment banking and cash flow analysis are too boring for you :-)

Since we haven't whole week to prepare to 17hr drinking binge, I support the idea of bowling.

And for future meetings I suggest to discuss something like that:
www.worldofmunchkin.com/game

I suck at Bowling!

it's not my fault though, I'm too short if I send the ball too hard I run the risk of flying of with it... Not very appealing image

but I'm a good loser so don't worry, not sure about that idea of having to buy the winners steak burgers, I mean shouldn't it be the contrary? The winners buy the losers steak burgers to console them after a shit game. We'll have to negotiate over that one...

Ah, as if you all need a week to prepare for a marathon drinking session ;)

I am also completely crap at bowling, but dinner and a few drinks (or more) sounds good!

:cool:

hugin, that munchkin game is awesome.  I played it and got my butt handed to me a couple of times, but later I was spanking everybody.  It takes a long time to play though, so it's got to be some kind of a house gathering.  But yeah, we should definitely figure out how to play that as a bunch of English speaking dudes and dudettes.

So I see that the team that represents UK has given up without even trying to play bowling.  C'mon, girls.  I'm utterly disappointed.  Where's your spirit? Where's your pride?  I know, know, this is reverse psychology that women like to use.  It's the same as when a girl says to her boyfriend, "it's ok, honey, you can go and have fun all by yourself".  What it really means is "I'm gonna kick your ass when you get home."

So maybe the UK girls are trying to bluff.  And what about Elliot, who looks like he can throw down.  Something's fishy with the English team, that's all I'm gonna say.

I still think we should bowl.  I suck at bowling too, by the way.  That's part of the reason I suggested it.  It'll be fun to make fools out of ourselves and everyone knows how to play it and keep score.

And then after we're all winded and tired and some people will be crying cause they lost - boom, it's dinner time.

Let's see what others have to say.

I also forgot to say that it would be cool to see Nat flying with the ball.  Don't worry though, I won't let you fly far, I'll catch you, promise.

To choose specific date and time it will be convenient to use Google Doc like this:

http://goo.gl/wZOaJ

Feel free to change structure and content of this table.

Hey guys, i dont mind bowling as long as they set up the little walls on the sides :) but i have to say im not a big fan, and because im playing all day long with kids i can't do any similar activities when im off, so maybe we could go to a bowling and the ones not playing can have a drinking session on the side?

Hi guys,
Actually, I hate sport and everything concerning it. I'm very very sorry, but I don't want to go to the bowling...
About the dinner, I'm completely agree. I can suggest to you to go to a typical Ukrainian restaurant Taras Bulba: tarasbulba.ru. It's very delicious there and all foreigners normally love it! If you like this idea, I could reserve tables for all of us. I promis, it will be great there.

Whatever we are doing does anybody want to meet on Monday (22nd of ocober) again?

For me Monday evenning it's ok

Monday I work until 8:30 but i'll try to meet you after :)

So, what's on the menu ? I am okay for bowling and actually its not a real sport as you people think. Its much more fun Elinchi and we can help Nat22 so that she will not fly into the lane.

Hi all) well, i only offer and you agree or not.
I got kinda discount in one of the moscow bowling club on Frunzenskaya (i don't know if you know this system - i got coupons)
They said that we could pay 400 rub instead 1140 for two hours (for 6 people).
They have two free lines (or how does it call in english:)) and i booked it both.
But i have to tell honestly - i've never been there, so i cannot say anything good or bad about this place)
So it looks so: i booked two lines for 12 people, it will costs 800 for two hours, from 08.00 pm till 10.00 pm, but i have more coupons and we can stay longer for the same 800 rub.
I hope you'll undestand at least something, any questions are welcome:)

And Nat, i think, it was cruel from Danny to write such a things.. I offer you to make a wonderful big ball from him and have both in one - kinda revenge and strike of course:)))))))

And the official site - http://www.lokobowling.ru/

Oh boy, I love it.  It seems that every time I'm away from the forums for a couple of days or so, all kinds of craziness pops up.

Let's all go and bowl for a great deal that Adele has booked for all of us.  And we can do what Sarah suggested, which is some people can bowl and some people can just hang and drink a bit.

And Tamil is right, it's not a sport, it's a really fun thing to do.  So everybody, short and tall, Russian and foreign, people who've played and people who haven't, we're all going.

Natacha had a good idea, tomorrow is awesome and the time is right for people, who are working and running late to still make it.

So it's official, tomorrow the 22nd of October near metro Frunzenskaya at 8pm.  We'll bowl and wait for people who show up late and then we'll go eat something.

I don't think we can do Taras Bulba tomorrow, but it's an amazing idea, we should hit that spot up next time.

Guess what?  I'm calling all of you tomorrow to make sure you all are going to come and hang out.  So you better have your phones on.  I've got 13 friends at once the other night and I'm not letting any of you get away.

One more thing, I challenge Adele and Natacha to be brave enough to crumple me into a bowling ball (and any other girls who'd like to join in on the fun - Elinchi, elvik59, michelle88 and even the women who will just be walking by in the bowling alley). 

I'm sure I'm gonna win this one and the women will walk away disappointed with the defeat.