2 questions - Youth Mobility Visa

I am Canadian, currently in Canada.  I was recently issued a Tier 5 - Youth Mobility Visa which will allow me to live and work in the UK for 2 years, starting on November 28 2009 through to November 28 2011.  I have 2 questions:

1. Can I enter the UK before my visa becomes valid?  I was planning on entering on the 26th of November.

2. What kind of options are there for someone like me when I come to the end of my visa validity in November 2011 with regards to staying in the UK?  At that point, can I apply for residency?  Can I apply for a regular work visa?  Is it possible to have my employer at that point sponsor me to stay on?

Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi liesl,

1- You are expected to enter only when your visa is valid.
2- The YMV is a temporary visa so you have to go back to Canada at the end if it. Hovewer you could always apply for another type of visa once you are back to Canada but you definately cannot apply for residency. You could apply for exemple for a student visa or if you meet a British citizen in the UK and live with them for 2 years you could apply as a civil partner ..etc..You could apply for a work visa if it meet all the requirements (The skilled worker category (Tier 2 General) is for people coming to the United Kingdom with a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.)