Expat blog gatherings in Belize

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Belize Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Belize: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Belize. ;)

Best,

Julien

I'm up for it! What time frame are you considering and what venue? New Years Eve might be a good time.

Sounds fun, done a bloggers meet up in Belize and in Mexico. I would be in. Also done a few message board meet ups here with people from Ambergris Caye Message board.

Oh, that would be awesome!!! We are going to be coming in 12/17/12 to Caulker Caye...that would be a wonderful way to start our grand adventure!

I agree that it would be fun, and since I am not officially there yet, I would make a special trip.  Just pick a time & place.

We are looking to be in Caye Caulker and Corozal for a few days each from November 23, 2012 to December 1, 2012 and would love to meet up with current expats in Belize.  Dinner, lunch or coffee is on us and we would love to hear your story and just maybe pick your brain a little bit.  ;)

Our plans changed and we lost our password to this account, but we have purchased plane tickets to fly in on April 27th and depart on May 4th of 2013.  We would love to have coffee, lunch or dinner with some expats to see what they think about their decision to choose Belize.  We have not made concrete plans and are still open, but plan to visit Corozal and Caye Caulker on this trip. Our original trip in 2011, we visited San Ignacio and San Pedro, so we decided to focus on the north this time and the south next time if we don't get that "at home" feeling somewhere this trip. 

Please let us know if anyone would be up for hanging out with two Americans that are just trying to Plan their next steps before it is right on us.

Thanks!

Hello all.

Do not hesitate to make some suggestions by proposing a date (1 or 2 weeks in advance), an hour and a place. Other members might be interested. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

That sounds good to me, but will need someone local to suggest a place since we are not familiar.  Anyone in Corozal or Caye Caulker interested for the last couple days of April or the first couple days of May?

That would be great to meet up!  My hubby, granson, and I just got to Caye Caulker mid Dec and are still adjusting, but doing great!  The Sports Bar on Front St. would be a good place to meet...just let us know when! :)

Once our plans firm up, I will post when we will be in the area.  It would be great to hear others perspectives.

We will be in the Cayo District April 18 - 26, 2013.  Would like to meet other expats (we will be moving to Belize permanently in December)

Brian and MariLynne

I am in Corozal, been here 14 month and loving it, if arriving here and want to meet up, drop the word.

What are some of the things you like about living in Corozal Jaanyvr?

Once work settles down a but I want to do a day trip there. I have passed through a bunch on my way to Mexico but never got to really see enough of town.

small town vide, but with a  wide varity of great people. Great placed to have a cold beer on the beach, art in The Park, great new culture center that trys for new things every month on the history of Corozal and their people. My 22 ac organic ranch with freash fruits and veg. a gud mornin from strangers on the street when i go to town for my weekly shopping.. the transport guy that directs traffic near the market who says good morning mum to me when i drive by. smiling faces of the kids leaving school at lunch, running home or to the nears stall for their meals. The Melting Pot Rest whos chicken burgers are the best in town. Our month visit to immigration office, whenre they ask me how was my weekend and what are you guys growing now. I could go on.. but i think you understand where i can going with this :)

Love your list especially 22 ac organic ranch with freash fruits and veg.

I too would like to meet up, but the season for me is such that I can't until June????If anyone is in the Hopkins/ stann Creek area, drop me a line and we will figure something out.
[email protected]

Cscottdo,

We will be in Caye Caulker on May 1st, 2nd and 3rd and would like to hear how you are coping with it being so fresh and new for you.  Are you happy with your choice of location and the choice to do this all together?  What would you change?  Would you change anything?  You know, just your entire life story up to this point!  :)  We would be happy to meet you at The Sports bar on Front Street the evening of May 1st if that works for you.  I can let you know when we plan to arrive on Caye Caulker and after settling in can meet you from there.  We are staying at Colinda for these 3 nights.

Let me know if this fits into your schedule and we look forward to hearing from you and anyone else that may be in the neighborhood!

I really hope all is well with your transition so far!

Thanks,

Patrick

We are arriving April 23rd in Placencia. Will be renting while looking for property. Hope to meet some future great friends!

I will be in San Pedro the 4 and 5 of april and hopkins 6 and 7 of april

Captain Dave

balespa wrote:

That sounds good to me, but will need someone local to suggest a place since we are not familiar.  Anyone in Corozal or Caye Caulker interested for the last couple days of April or the first couple days of May?

If you still plan to be in Corozal in April or May let us know please.  Today, for example, I'm headed to a potluck Friendship Luncheon at the Purple Toucan.  Folks can either bring a dish to share or order from the menu.  There's also a meeting each month of the Corozal Women's Forum with very interesting speakers and plenty of time to socialize. 

Corozal is my home now and has been since February.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy living here.  I'm sitting in my house and listening to the sound of waves lapping the shores of Corozal Bay.  There's a lovely breeze and the sun is reaching in to warm my floor tiles.  I glance out my window at the gorgeous blues and wonder how I ever got this lucky! 

Just share a bit of your plans and hope to see you soon!

Cathie

Cathiekl,

It sounds wonderful!  We would love to be there with you.  On this trip however, we will be in Caye Caulker on May 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

We would like to meet up at The Sports bar on Front Street the evening of May 1st if that works for anyone on Caye Caulker.  We are staying at Colinda for these 3 nights.

We look forward to hearing from you and anyone else that may be in the neighborhood!

Sorry I missed your post...it will be great meeting you at athe sports bar on front st on the eve of May 1!

We are coming into San Pedro, Belize June 8-15, 2013.  We would  appreciate and enjoy meeting up with an expat to discuss the pros and cons of living in Belize.  Dinner on us! 

Sincerely,

Glenn and Merry

Glenn and Merry,

We live in Cincinnati also and are going back to visit two new parts of Belize rust we haven't visited yet.  We have been to San Ignacio and San Pedro.  I don't know that we can offer much advice about living there yet, but it might beer fun to share our experiences do far with you if you wanted to meet up.  We are leaving on April 27th this trip.

What part of Cincinnati?

Patrick and Kelli

Hi Patrick and Kelly,

We are in the Loveland area.  Would love to meet up.  Message us when you get back from your trip.  We would love to hear about your trip and gain some travel knowledge.

Glenn and Merry

Hi, I am in San pesto town. If you make it to the island I would love to meet up. I have been living here for. Six months and this is my second go around. Look me up and lets meet. Misty

San Pesto? that must be the Basil capital of Belize. don't be Sage Rosemary, there is not enough Thyme!

:)