Language Schools

What are the best language schools?  Are their independent ratings for the quality of instruction?  Did you have a good/bad experience?

Hey!

I just got home from a wunderful three week language vacation in Guatemala, followed by a round trip around the country. I went to the Spanish Language School Dos Mundos in Flores, an island which is more or less surrounded by the jungle. If you look for a place which is not crowded with tourists, yet and are also interested in earning archeological insights in the Mayan culture I can definetly recommend that place. It is rather cheap, the classes provide for a good basis for vocabular and grammar, and the school is not as commercialized as other schools,but stays rather personal. If thats what you are looking for, have a look...
(flores-spanish.com/go/offer.html)

I have been living and working in Quetzaltenango, "Xela" Guatemala for over 11 years.  Xela has about 25 Spanish School with professional University trained teachers. Each school is a bit different most offer 1 on 1 private lessons, family home stay for 7 days, plus 3 meals per day and daily/weekend activities. The prices range from $110 to $200 per week depending on the school you choose.  You can see a listing of the schools on xelapages.com

If you have any questions contact me through this site or Xelapages.com.

Tom

Lots of well-rated schools in Antigua.  I recommend Academia Colonial, charming place in an incredible location, cheaper than some others.