Considering moving from Washington state to Ensenada?

Hi Everyone,  My husband and I are soon retiring from a busy chiropractic practice and considering moving to Ensenada for some R & R.  Anybody out there care to share their experience?  We are looking for temperate year round weather and a slow pace of life, and to stretch the retirement dollar.  I am very interested in learning a new culture and doing a whole lot less work, although everyone who knows us seems to have a bad back so we will never really retire! What is the climate for treating a few patients on an informal basis?  Does anyone have any experience with this? I would love to hear some feedback - I am all ears!    Cynthia

Hi there! Glad I can share my experiences in mexico. I'm from the San Diego area and now resides in Kuwait, I used to visit ensenada and the neigboring outskirt named Rosarito. Surfing is fun in ensanada but it's always flocked by tourist coming from san diego itself for party's and relaxation. it used to be a fun place to be in eating $5 lobster by the beach, yes $5! Nowadays, in view of the recent crime uptick, I won't recommend it at all! exercise extreme caution when you choose to do so. Crime is so prevalent due drugs wars resulting in many deaths of their own people and tourist alike. I would suggest to careful read the american state department's advisory concerning visits to Mexico. Hoping that this blog will help you to decide whether to visit mexico or not in the future.

My experience is completely different. My wife and I own a home in Rosarito. Doe to the the hype around the drug violence tourism has been really down in Baja. We've been going to Ensenada for years, and had our boat there during the height of the narco violence in Mexico. Never worried for a minute. I don't go to East LA at night and I don't go into dark industrial back streets in Mexico at night. The Narco violence was just that, a war amongst and between drug cartels and law enforcement.

The cost of living is still very favorable and the people are warm, inviting and tolerant. It is a great place to live.

Hi new to this, if I can help someone in anyway of how to live in Mexico, I can help paper work health INS, cost of living, cost of transactions rentals ect.

Hello JRensenada -> Maybe you could share your infos directly on the forum. It could be useful to other members as well. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Cynthia:
I live in Seattle and am also looking at retiring in Mexico - on the coast, not inland.  It wouldn't be for another 3 years or so, but I am looking to meet up with others in WA State who are considering this.  I am, however, single.  My daughter will be leaving for college in two years to go to California.  So Mexico would be perfect for me as I will be close to her.  If you and your husband are interested in forming a group of Washingtonians, do get back to me.  We could meet at a coffee place or quiet restaurant on a regular basis and share ideas, options, etc.
Best,  Arlene