Dear Salman Bro ....

Can I Come too ... :P

only if youre old enough and dont need people looking after you bro :P

ofcourse you can!

btw,
Dear Salman Bro sounds too weird.

lolx ....

Alrighty Then !!!

i cant come...just give me some pictures of your gathering...lol..

okay, first call to a guys meeting, Saturday night.

you got until saturday noon to confirm. location would most probably be a cafe in Olaya. consider it a pre-get-together.

guys only needless to say.

Salman

I thought you said the meeting will be arranged next WE. Can the screening :cool: be during coming week?

is it this saturday nyt? if so, what time? and wat place in olaya

How can u hold a meeting at my doorstep and exclude me? :(

Just joking.  Hope it goes well.

Hi Everyone,

RidaC wrote:

I thought you said the meeting will be arranged next WE. Can the screening :cool: be during coming week?

you are correct Bro:)

lovewender wrote:

is it this saturday nyt? if so, what time? and wat place in olaya

will be posted to the PM of interested peeps.

UK-Riyadhee wrote:

How can u hold a meeting at my doorstep and exclude me? :(

Just joking.  Hope it goes well.

Just joking or kidding is a really overused phrase :P

you should be happy screening is taking place, its usually more important for women then us men. ;)

Salman

will w8 for it.

Hmmmm :P

only one confirmation ? funny how everyone keeps complaining.

Cancelled: Saturday night

Oh dear oh dear. Hmmm

Salman Omrani wrote:

only one confirmation ? funny how everyone keeps complaining.

Cancelled: Saturday night

I wasn't Surprised at all !! :)

i think you must first post of what will be the things to be done when you will start this meeting...like an outline or draft of must things to do,,,if its just a little conversation without topics,,they might get bored....

:rolleyes:

We should thank you for the effort.

Shame it did not happen - inshallah next time.

A little more advance notice would be appreciated. (and please do avoid school holiday periods)

this gathering idea sounds good!!

so can a Saudi Guy Join in and get to know some good friends ^_^?

Mobarak

all are welcome i think......:)

Quad Bike Dune Riding

Thumama Area

Friday 26th April 2013
Time: 1:30 PM

Randevous:
close to exit 8  near Mc Donalds heading east towards Dammam Highway.

We Ride Bikes for an hour or so, then Head further north for a Camel Camp and set up B.B.Q. (Bring your own food) we have the equipment.

Renting the Quad Bikes can cost up to 200 SAR per hour. and as low as 50 for half an hour. depending on Bike Size and time.

you can decide not to follow us to the B.B.Q and head back to the city.

I'll wait at the randevous till 2:00 PM and not a minute later.

its short notice, but then again it wasn't planned and we are a small group of people so I thought why not invite the groupies.

my friends are all French, so if you speak french you might enjoy it more than me.

you can RSVP @ my PM.

Salman

Just a question. I know since I am female can not come to your activity although it does sound fun. My question is since women cannot drive there can we at least drive the quads? Do they have dirt bikes you could rent for riding the dunes as well and are we allowed to ride them?
Or am I reduced to just riding a camel??

Cheers  and have a fun gathering.

in Summer vacations and such occasions, Quad Bike parks become more spread out in Thumama and other Desert parks, if i can call'em that, and many families head to these areas, of course renting the bikes for boys and girls alike, even saudi families.

so yes, if the place is not crowded women are allowed to drive. there is no law against it as long as youre not on the highway and as long as there are not too many men (not of your group) around.

Women can drive anything if youre in the desert. if your hubby has a four by four, go dune surfin with it. :D

I havent seen any drift bikes that are rented, only ones i've seen are personally owned ones.

Salman

PS:

who knows, maybe if Expat club ever gets a following, we can arrange family outings where even the girls can have fun. but keeping things in limit and in check not to offend anyone.

Salman Omrani wrote:

who knows, maybe if Expat club ever gets a following, we can arrange family outings where even the girls can have fun. but keeping things in limit and in check not to offend anyone.

Cindy Lauper was so right..."Girls just wanna have fun"

YES we do wanna have fun !! Thank you for the replies.
Guess I will have to find a group that wants to ride and have fun as I am not married any longer.
The hunt begins ..... See you in the sand !!!

hi there everyone, im still new want to join in your group i hope i could meet you all..Living here in the kingdom means i have all the support group i needed..thanks and god bless u all!!!:):):)

Great, nothing like going to a dinner with strangers. On the other hand arranging a place is never a problem.

I am in too but when is the meet up?

Hi guys i'm new here
i like the idea of Expat Club !!
plz count me in, and when is the next meeting ?

habibti_maganda wrote:

3. Thread Starter Salman, are u Muttawa?

You just made my day !:D

this is funnny. Andy seems to be answering for the Club while he isn't part of the one I know of. lol. :rolleyes:

habibti_maganda wrote:

I havent read all the posts and im new here but i wanna ask,:

1. Have any of u guys see each other for a gathering?

2. Isnt Riyadh too strict for that?

3. Thread Starter Salman, are u Muttawa?

4. Are single women allowed in this meet up?

5. What do you usually do on meet-ups and where is the possible venue?

6. Is it free? lol :D

Have a nice day!

1. Yes there have been gatherings in the past, big and small.

2. no its not too Strict for that if we get together in places where such gatherings are allowed, like the Diplomatic quarters and western compounds of members  of the group. the important thing is we never break any rules.

3. I am religious if thats what you meant by Muttawa.

4. depending on the gatherings, yes singles are allowed.

5. We usually gather i groups to get to know each other, have dinner or snacks if its someones home we are being hosted in and start making plans from there. no real plan worked out so far other than quad biking on dunes.

6.. yes its fee, everyone pays for his/her food if we're at a restaurant.

and have a good day your self.

andyksa wrote:

If I may please respond:

1. There's always a first time (blind date, eh)

2. All KSA is strict, but we aren't planning anything seriously illegal. Besides, play it smart (Do in Rome as the Romans do):cool:

3. A Muttawa  doesn't bother to hunt line. He'd rather go to a mall with a cane. Right, Salman?

4. Single women would be more than welcome in this meet up :)

5. Socialize (leave this to your interpretation) and make friends. Location would invariably be some Compound or Straah (Farmhouse)

6. It would invariably be free...especially for single women :rolleyes:

LET THE PARTY BEGIN !!

1. Expat.com, and Expat Club are not a dating site. if you find and like someone and its mutual, thats great, but please don't act like your that desperate.

2. play it smart? really? thats a smart statement .....

3. I don't recall you being my best chum to be able to joke like that, you'ed have to get on my better side first. you're not really doing a good job so far.

4. ..... .

5. farmhouse ?? (-__-)

6.  ...... define desperate.

we dont exactly, party in Expat Club, its a boring group of people who play chess and talk about the weather.

Apologies for being an arse.

Salman

Salman Omrani wrote:

5. farmhouse ?? (-__-)

Good idea to play leapfrog, we should plan something.

You keep on planning but nothing happens...you need a solid plan!!!

andyksa wrote:

Plans wont become reality until we axe the only Muttawa in this group

:P

Is this supposed to be funny?  :rolleyes:

jimmusan wrote:

YOU keep on planning

YOU need a solid plan

Excuse me, but rather than telling OTHER people what they need to do, why don't YOU do something?  It can be as simple as a forum announcement that you'll be at Starbucks on Thursday and welcome anybody who cares to join you.  THAT, my friend, is taking the initiative as opposed to passing the buck

http://worktravellearn.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dilbert_passing_the_buck3.gif

Alliecat wrote:
jimmusan wrote:

YOU keep on planning

YOU need a solid plan

Excuse me, but rather than telling OTHER people what they need to do, why don't YOU do something?  It can be as simple as a forum announcement that you'll be at Starbucks on Thursday and welcome anybody who cares to join you.  THAT, my friend, is taking the initiative as opposed to passing the buck

http://worktravellearn.files.wordpress. … _buck3.gif

cat woman is on the loose..lol!! Hey kitty, keep your paws away from me or else i might slaughter and eat you like an adobo style...:lol::lol::P

no pun intended!!

jimmusan wrote:

cat woman is on the loose..lol!! Hey kitty, keep your paws away from me or else i might slaughter and eat you like an adobo style...:lol::lol::P

no pun intended!!

hey little sweetie--I think it's quite obvious who would slaughter whom!!  But thanks for the laugh :lol:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/169/9/9/Cat_eats_Mouse_by_YumiKojima.jpg

BEWARE!!

hi there! im alvin from jubail industrial city. mr salman, i would like to ask if you have plans to make gathering here in jubail coz im interested of joining the group.
thanks and God bless!

Hi Guys,

How about to meet up this thursday for a coffee or something ?
I suggest to meet in Tahlia ST

What do you think guys ?

Alliecat wrote:
jimmusan wrote:

no pun intended!!

hey little sweetie--I think it's quite obvious who would slaughter whom!!  But thanks for the laugh :lol:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ … Kojima.jpg

BEWARE!!

I don't wanna fight okay??? I'm here to make friends, so stop bullying me!! end of the story....:P:P:P

Musab87 wrote:

Hi Guys,

How about to meet up this thursday for a coffee or something ?
I suggest to meet in Tahlia ST

What do you think guys ?

Yeah Thursday would be great!! We can have an intelligent and meaningful conversations. I would love to know the different cultures..

jimmusan wrote:

We can have an intelligent and meaningful conversations.

I'm sure, I'm gonna miss this conversation, But do share it on the forum, How it happened !! :)