Ha'il university and English Teacher..

Dear Expats....

I have a proposal to go to work in Ha'il university as An English Teacher, I'm single AND i HAVE A 7 YEARS OLD BABY.

I'm read the contract excellent labor conditions are written there but, I have read a thousands of rude, hard, ugly, terrible comments about the life there and the university administration, the accomodations and the places to stay,so let me know if it is a wrong decision to left my latin world here in Venezuela to go to kill myself there, or I'm gonna be in a dark world,that it will be difficult to flee there if I want to come back..How is the city of Hail, How is the university or if you know the environment, the accomodations or any aspect that I need to know, please let me know...

I'll appreciate your help.

Any venezuelans around? and international schools for kids? are near or far from ?

See you

Orchid

Hii orchid... I work near to Hail... before i could answer u r questions... i want to clarify few points which are i have no idea about Hail university and second i dont stay in Hail city...

Coming to u r query.. Hail as a city is small and very conservative.... not like Jeddah or dammam or even riyadh... but saying that the facilities are similar to any metropolitan and u get practically anything in the city....

I stay 100 kilometers away from city as my company is there but i do my shopping nd time pass in city and couple of my workers in my company go to university as well so I can ask them for you regarding the University...

The place as I said is not that bad as u think and u dont have to worry about schools as there are many international schools in hail... (i know this cuz my managers kids go to school in Hail)...

As like every saudi city women have limited freedom so u have to prepare u r self for some boredom....

If u have any doubts or questions please PM me I will def try to help u out... Cheerz antz...

Thanks a lot and please let me know everything ...

ok Orchid i got some new info for you... I asked a guy who know a little bit about the university.. he says its a massive university and its still under construction as its not fully built... it might take 2-3 yrs more to complete but as of now there are many people studying there... its very good university and the accommodations are very good for the faculty.... he said they have shops, coffee places and libraries in the university itself.... thats all i can get from that guy as he didnt attend the Uni he just called a guy who attended the Uni and gave me this info.... hope it helps cheers....

Yes it help. S me a lot thanks a lot.

Hello,  I just read your post from a year ago or so.  I have also been offered a position at the University of Hail--waiting on the contract.  I am wondering if you ended up going there and if so if you like it there.  Any information you have about the schools would be great too.
Thank you!

@Juliana Send her a PM (email msg.) since she might not be reading what's written here any longer.

Thank you!

Hi julianna. I didnt accept it. I feel affraid.many rules,weather condicions,AND labor condicions are not REally clear! So let me know about you?

Thank you for the information.  May I ask how much money they were offering you?  I'll understand if you find this too personal but I want to be prepared when I receive my contract.  I have no idea how much they will offer me  I have a Ph.D. 

Which rules scared you the most?  Did they tell you anything specific or was it reading about the country rules that helped you decide? 

Thank you so much!  Good luck wherever you are!

Hello, I just read the conversation. Like you, I was offered a position at the University of hail with my husband. I wonder if you like it. if you have information about schools. I 'm worring if there is a French school. i have two children 7 and 3 year old
Thank you!

Hi , how are you?
I going to join Hail university soon. When I was searching this blog I came across your messages.
Did you join Hail.

Please can anyone help me by telling everything you know about the university and city. I have two kids one is. 5 and 2 years old.

Please I would be grateful If you tell me everything about hail university and City either good or bad don't worry I can take it.

Hi
where  ever u go u can adapt ur self but u have to be good person then u will live happily, the lowest crime in the world is in Saudia, Hail people is respecting any forighn person . for womens you go to market go to resturant any wher u go but u have to dress Abaya its long dress for womens, even in most countries its not allowed to walk naked in streets, life her is cheep, if u stay in compound u can swim have fun as well. its a city which u can save a lot of money. many nice parks for free for kids for BBQ as well.
ples dont lestin to roomers.
wish the best for all

Thank you for information.

Do you know anything about university. Please can you help in finding furnished house in compound.

Hello,
I have been working in Hail for about one year now. I am a medical doctor and has involved recently in teaching medical students from Hail university, and I formed the impression from the academics there that the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, and there are many westerns and other international staff working there. I don't know about compound accommodation, as I didn't need to ask about, but I can ask about that if you require. Generally, Hail is a calm city and people are respectful for foreigners. The two main advantages are its nice fair clean weather compared to other parts of Saudi and it is cheap where you can save money. If you require further help don't hesitate to contact me on my email if you like.

Badie'

:one

bkhalaf wrote:

Hello,
I have been working in Hail for about one year now. I am a medical doctor and has involved recently in teaching medical students from Hail university, and I formed the impression from the academics there that the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, and there are many westerns and other international staff working there. I don't know about compound accommodation, as I didn't need to ask about, but I can ask about that if you require. Generally, Hail is a calm city and people are respectful for foreigners. The two main advantages are its nice fair clean weather compared to other parts of Saudi and it is cheap where you can save money. If you require further help don't hesitate to contact me on my email if you like.

Badie'

I am living in Saudi Arabia  dear and it's very difficult life in Hail .So before leaving your country confirm about that very small town Hail.

Hi Rukhshaseeb,

This thread has been inactive for nearly 3 years.

Please participate on the recently created ones.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

hello dears,
I just found an academic job in Hail university, I'm from Tunisia, so before accepting the offer, I need a help to know more about this City : 
- I have a son with 6 years old and I like to know the internationnal schools in Hail that teach frensh and its fees per year
- also the fees of renting an appartement near the university or the school

Thank you for your help