Looking to buy car

Hoping to buy a second hand car, preferably a Hyundai Atos from year 2008 onwards. I realize they are not cheap in Mauritius as they are in the UK, but can anyone give any  rough idea of price and which is the best way to go about this?
I have checked L'Express and have been warned off dealers (some of the classified ads which looked as if they were selling privately were in fact dealers when we phoned to enquire)
Any help or advise appreciated!
Thankyou.
Daisymay :)

try a reputable agency like abc (ginza ) motors or iframac pre owned.
good luck

denisjola wrote:

try a reputable agency like abc (ginza ) motors or iframac pre owned.
good luck

Thanks I will take a look! :)

morning, a lot of scrap is offered, I made this experience recently.
import your own nicely well kept second hand from england, especially a low cc lpg driven to reduce your operating costs and to be more environmentally concerned.
there is a wide choice in the classifieds back in europe, even RHDs on the continent, watch for ex.:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/vw-bora-highline … 3f188a6fb0
stuff it in a container and use the remaining space in the container to pack additional household moving stuff.  if you make the full cost comparison, you will be surprised. have a nice day.  aquawatch

I have a white Mazda Axela for sale, 57000km, air cd, automatic transmission great car! private sale. send me a message for price and photos... Thanks

Thanks but I really want a manual gearbox! :)

daisymay2 wrote:

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

For all car sales, please post the advert in the Mauritius classifieds section directly!

Thank you,
Aurélie

daisymay2 wrote:

Good luck you will have a very hard time finding one in good condition. I bought my car through a private seller through l'express, no problems there, I wouldn't buy through ABC motors and most dealers will give you a bad deal, buy privately and pay a mechanic to give it a once over. We did this and were saved from buying a car with a dodgy gear box.

Thanks Peaches - we've been told this by others as well!
I take it you mean second hand cars from dealers - a new car from a dealer would obviously be fine?
Thanks!
Daisymay :)

Yes be wary of second hand cars from dealers new cars are fine but double the price of UK cars I have noticed.

[Moderated: please post in the classifieds]

There are a lot of reconditioned secondhand cars on roads in Mauritius, some are perfectly fine, others are dangerous even if they look OK cosmetically. The mechanical standards that I have experienced on Mauritian cars is below that which I'd expect to find in western europe. I'd say the best thing to do is to get the help of a friend who knows about the mechanics of cars and who will know what to look out for when you view a car. Other option is to go to the more expensive main brand dealers as I presume they have a franchise licence to protect and so will probably have to back up their warrantyin a greater way(although I have no experience of using those in mauritius).

[Moderated: Communicate by PM please]