Kia Ora - New Member Introduction

Kia ora all,

My wife and I from New Zealand and I currently work abroad.

We have an affinity for SEA, having lived and worked in Singapore for 4 years in the early '80s and have travelled back to Singapore, malysia and thailand several times since.
Our son is currently in Cambodia in between contracts and is thoroughly enjoying the people, country and the lifestyle.

We intend relocating to Cambodia next year and are very excited about this. Why Cambodia?

where we live in NZ has been badly damaged by earthquakes over the past 2 years and we struggle to cope with the physical and mental stress.  We aren't getting any younger and have alsways dreamt about living in SEA. We love the region, the people, country, culture and food!  Cambodia has one of the lowest cost of living indices in the world and is affordable for a couple wanting a quite lifestyle in their later years. It is also centarl to all countries in SEA and we intend to continue our travelling and exploring.

Bottom line, we want somewhere exotic and pleasing to relocate to for a (few?) years, enjoy a comfortable lifestyle; and save for our retirement.  I also hope to be able to help out in the communities and embed ourselves with the people and the culture.

So, this is short and to the point. I will be checking this site to squeeze as much information as I can about living in Cambodia and hope to meet up with you all soon at the numerous happy Hours that have been posted!  Oh, and I know that beer is cheap as well lol.

Looking forward our life's next journey.

Ka Kite Ano

Hi Woodstock6b!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction.

Regards
Armand

Cheers Armand,

Are you living in Cambodia?  Any info from your experiences would be helpful.

Regards, Dean