4G Connect New Mobily Internet Provider

chipsnsalsa wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the blinking green (UMTS) back? That was much better. What is the difference between the blinking green (UMTS) and blinking blue (LTE)?

Thanks for any help from people more knowledgeable than me.

UMTS, basically, is another way of saying "3G". So according to what you said, there seems to be a problem with the 4G signal in your area, but the 3G signal works fine. This might be a temporary issue in your area.

There is a manual way to switch to UMTS/3G thru your router settings. By default, the router chooses the band(2g/3g/4g) automatically. But if you force it to use 3G, it will not switch between bands. Check this video on youtube on how to do it:
youtube.com/watch?v=2rXO44tNw64

Let me know if that helps. You might want to try changing the band back to 4G after a few days, to know if it's fixed or not.

In very simplified terminology, UMTS is 3G and LTE is 4G.

Your solution must be here (quoting Animex from a post above).

Animex wrote:

go into your internet browser and type "192.168.2.1" and press Enter

it will take you to Mobily 4G router and will ask for a password, keep it blank and press enter.

on the left menu you will see a list of options and such click on "LTE/UMTS" then down below you will see that you can choose which type of connection you want 2G 3G 4G and Auto.

i believe its set on "Auto" and thats what causes the disconnecting problem, because Auto will switch the connection based on the signal strength if 3G is stronger it will disconnect and switch to 3G and once 4G is stronger it will do that again and switch to 4G so its advised to choose whichever is working best for you 3G or 4G and remove it from "Auto"

I suggest you go through this entire thread all the way down.

Ah ha! Found it - thanks for the help: yes, in the hours that I've switched it to 3G instead of 4G it seems to have improved; loading times are faster and the VPN does not keep logging on and off. As you say, hishmaj, I will check back with 4G in a few days.

However, utorrent is still very slow. Of the three files I'm currently downloading, two are not loading at all (they just say "Connecting to peers" even though the torrent site I loaded them from said that there are hundreds of seeders) and the third is downloading only at about 25k/sec.

With the compound internet, I would get speeds of several hundred k/sec, often over 1m/sec.

Does Mobily have a policy of blocking/throttling utorrent? Do any of you guys use utorrent to download movies, shows, etc, with Mobily Connect 4G, and is there a way to get good download speeds? I was under the impression that this was an unlimited download package.

Many thanks once again for any expert assistance.

Glad it helped.

I don't think we should discuss any illegal practices in the public. ;)

I recently bought a new Mobily 4G Connect 2Mbps router after my first 6-month unit run out over a week ago. Used to be enough for my needs, usually browsing news sites, social networks and videochat (mosly Skype with family). There were problems but these were infrequent. But with the new router, there's an obvious degradation of connectivity. Signal strength is OK, normally 3 bars often surging to 4. But boy oh boy, since I had the new one I think I've done Skyping only twice since then. Frequently dropping at that! Connection is simply is terrible, often hangs up while streaming. Youtube is painfully slow  too, affecting the online lessons I'm subscribing to. Before it used to be quite fast, not zipping fast but enough that buffering usually completes in under a minute and then proceeds smoothly.

Mobily is losing its mojo. It has become so-so. Until such times their connectivity improves I have warned my colleagues and friends away from it and to try alternatives instead.

I am experiencing 4G router service package of 1200 for 6+3 months. I already experienced 3+1 month package. My phone number is 0591169862 and my residence ID number is 2330235488. I followed your call center to solve poor wifi signal and a lot hassle due to this issue. My files is not browsing and official web page is not opening, waisting time, being my performance very poor and I am in risk of loosing my job because of 4G router poor wifi signal.

I renewed because of its good performance and now it seems it is just a rubbish device to through in garbage instead complaining to the customer service.

Your call center asking and giving so much of instructions which means I am to work for them. No interest to solve this genuine problem.

Now I am only waiting to visit your outlet/shop and get my cash back and go for another brand to get rid of this rubbish service.

If at all you can not solve my problem Kindly suggest me what I can do on this calamity.

Thank you.
Sorry to convey these all unpleasant comments.

@ ramprasaddahal - To whom are you addressing your concerns ??

I guess its better to go the MOBILY outlet and get your concerns resolved... Good Luck !! :)

The bandwidth is terrible, and has been for a bit now. I've tried my router in a couple of locations in the city and it's the same speeds.  Utterly unacceptable service. 

EDIT: They must have fixed it now.  All started working sometime this morning.  Nightmare over it appears.

please i need help, last night i update my mobily 4G router firmware and after the update i may not be able to open the ip address which is 192.168.2.1.. is there any ather way to bring it back my firmware to access the ip address 192.168.2.1 back?:up:

I am not an IT professional and so I can't say anything much, but I just recently bought Mobily 4G package for six months, and so far so good.

The only problem I had with Mobily is the customer service. The salesman told me to approach counter # --- to have my modem/router configured, and when I went there the IT guy told me it was ready for use. So I went home and started reading the guide which I couldn't understand at all with all the jargon they used, and had to figure out how to configure it myself. I did take risks in the settings by guessing what it would turn out to be, and finally I managed to set up the username and my password.

So far the internet connection is OK.

PS. They didn't even give me my receipt!

The only reason I'm keeping my line with Mobily is that their customer service reps speak English and I have already accumulated negaty points.

ANY ONE CAN HELP ME TO SECURE MY ROUTER..DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.its come out insecure...

Hi DRAGONFIRES90,

Please can you avoid posting in caps lock, this might make your text more reader friendly. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Mobily has recently introduced a "Fair Use Policy"what this means is anyone such as myself who subscribe to their VIP Raqi package and who is supposed to get "unlimited internet" gets their speed cut to 0.11 MB once they cross 100GB use in a month....

i would say that this should be called an unfair use policy designed to trick people into believing they are getting "Unlimited" as mentioned on the Mobily website, when the reality is it is far from unlimited, the speed is not great at the best of times but to cut the speed down to 0.11MB when i am paying 800+ riyals per month is beyond a joke, last month i faced the same issue and nothing was done until the 3rd of this month when i got my avg speed back.....now 21 days later back to 0.11MB speed....well done mobily excellent at giving the worst service.......i will now be looking to switch to someone who gives what they promise...

if any one tells you to upgrade to raqi package from Mobily run the other way.,,,,....

The thing is,theres no real response coming from them,even if you visit the showroom,let alone calling them.I've called several times and my friends have been to the showroom and all they can say is place the router near the window,switch back and forth from 3g to 4g,which doesnt work anymore btw,or simply,change the router it needs to be upgraded.It was fine last week,I'm subscribed to 4g and was getting exactly what I was paying for,it started at midnight and stopped at exactly the same time the next day,then the same thing happened the next day for the next 2days,then nothing,0.5 on a good day.We do stream alot of shows ,some youtube and online gaming.But doesnt everyone,isn't that what fast internet is for? So,the real question now is,whch internet company really offers what we need?

The best 4G according to me is Zain.

SAR 1,200 (including 4G router) for 1 year to be paid upfront and unlimited access.

Regards

Vijith.

that would be really efficient, 1200 for a year? how fast is it? can you watch live streaming videos and connect multiple mobile phones?

:D

Hi,

Yes its really fast and i have had no issues downloading movies and watching live videos.

1,200 for one year.

Regards

Vijith.

don't buy this even they give you FREE ... Mobily will make your life miserable
go for STC land line or Fiber is the best

hello guys :D i have a very big question to ask everyone :D Could somebody tell me the default username and password of j 4G router ? I have really desperate on this matter. J doesn't even have a clue on solving this. Could somebody share that vital info ?

im using M 4g right now.. but its misleading me saying that its unlimited... though it is "LITERAL" unlimited but because of the FUP (fair usage policy) my net speed becomes so slow.. and i dont think its FAIR!! .. so its making my life so miserable...

anyway since i just throw my money using their service i dont want to happen this again to me.. my concern is that z and S has that FUP too? please help me.. save me from being miserable.. ^_^