Forming a foreign owned company - land ownership

Does anyone know anything, or have experience of, forming a company in egypt that is 100% foreigner owned, and whether it is possible for that company to own (not lease) desert or farm land?

I'm looking to buy a small horse farm but I don't want to rent, lease or form a company that is owned by anyone but me.

any information, suggestions or the name of a reliable efficient egptian lawyer much appreciated.....

As far as I am aware you have to have an Egyptian partner in any company here. There is a slim possibility if you set up as a non profit charity animal rescue, otherwise you are going to need someone you can trust to hold 51% of your company. There is a lawyer firm who can find you a partner who will not be involved. Can't remember their name offhand but my husband has used them for a couple of things. Will find out for you. They are not cheap but I know a lot of expats use them for different things.
Good luck!

i can help u in what u want
u can trust me
plz contact me
i ll send u my information in a message

ahmedbakheet,  maybe you could directly send the information here? ;)

ok im ahmed bakheet
electrical powe engineer have many relationships
i can help any one in what he want to have
my mail is [email protected]
my number is 0180557397 or 0119192405

Hi there;

I saw your blog and congratulate you on your desire to own your own business here and first and foremost wish you all the best in your venture.....I'm sure you'll make a success of it and any business properly organised and managed succeeds in Egypt, easier than elsewhere.

As an expat here, and a person who has formed a business here in Egypt, there are do's and don't, and there is the official way to go about setting up your business and "yes" you can out-right own it yourself and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Gone are the days of having to have a business partner that is local to start a business here.

I have my own solicitor/lawyer that formed my company, and I would suggest you meet with a few and work out the one you'll be most comfortable with, its a personal preference, but I would advise you to iron-out all the details and agreements on costs etc in the beginning. I find it better to have a solicitor on a continual basis, and not just on a need basis....it balances out in the end.

Make sure you do all the research for your business so that you know how to direct your solicitor on specific issues, hence a bi-lingual one would be better if you have not yet commanded the arabic language.

All contracts should be notorised and officially registered, be it land, property, belongings etc, should be officially registered at the Notary Office where it is micro-filmed and archived for future reference. This is the same place you will make your "Power of Attorney" for your selected lawyer to act on your behalf on future legal matters.

Rest assured there are fellow people who have the experiance for you to call on for reference.

All the Best

Dear Sir,

We are consultant company can provide you with official formalities/Company establishment/manpower of the company / company policy and procedures.
Thanks

Mohamed

Thanks for the info gentle giant. Seems I have received misleading information regarding having to have an egyptian partner. I have since been told the law has recently changed allowing foreigners to own their own company, but that you need to own property over a certain value in Egypt to obtain residency. Anyone know if this is correct?

Greetings ya all -

I see this post may have died. Well, am trying to resuscitate it, instead of starting a new one :)

I find most answers to questions by moveable feast and bagpus may be found link below.

GAFI is the place to visit for all questions on foreign businesses in Egypt.

gafinet.org

gafinet.org/LawsLibrary/Forms/En_AllItems.aspx?lawtype=Business%20Laws#first
(Link above answers the land ownership query)

@bagpus
Say, did you get a handle on the real estate ownership/residency question you last asked in December 2009? If you did, I would love to know more.

Who

Ps. Doing Business will have specific steps required to register a business. (Google IS awesome)