Mexican Restaurant : Success or not?

I was recently in Cambodia and loved Phnom Pehn ~ am considering moving back and opening up an authentic Mexican Restaurant ~ do you think this would be a success?
Thanks,

Hello katradiohp.

Welcome to Expat.com!

As you were off topic on the previous discussion, a new one has been created on the Phnom Penh forum. :)

Maybe you can tell us more about yourself and your project.

Aurélie

I just only see 1 Mexican restaurant here though and think it's great if we have new restaurant in town, more choices!
I have 2 friends just open 1 Chinese resto and 1 Brazilian Churrasco for few months and seem doing ok.

Having been in Catering most of my life, I have come to the conclusion, if your food is good, well priced and presented, with a good atmosphere, provide good service, you will not fail, even if the position is not so great.It's not rocket science, mostly common sense...Mind you many who try have no idea what true mexican food is all about.Its not all about Burritos, Taco's refried beans and a belly full of melted cheese...That's just my humble opinion...

I love Mexican food  having lived in San Diego,CA and eaten great churrasco's in Puerto Rico. There are resto bars in the Philippines that just play Latin music and its standing room only on weekends.  if the only mexican restaurant has not closed, then you will also succeed. Just visit them, check their menu and operations, and Do it better.

Hello,

Would you please send me your email address? I can find this for you. When do you plan to open a Mexican restaurant here in Phnom Penh or  in Siem Reap?

My email is: [email protected]

Thank you,
Sam