Transfering Money

Can you please share with us the practice in transfering money from Libya to your home country, limits / which bank / currencies..etc ??

Thanks in advance

hi there ...
  there r 3 ways of doing it :
1- westren union , which you can find local Location
  at westernunion.com
2- using most of libyan banks ( limt 10,000 per year )per
  person , please note that you have to have an account with
  the bank in order for you to transfer the money
3- if you know ppl at the gold market located ( old city )
   these gold stories do transfer money to most of the
  countries

hope that can help

1) Western Union will rape you on commissions

2) No bank accounts for non-Libyan nationals

3) Rather you than me, these people are vultures, I wouldn't trust them to pass on a dose of the clap

emo wrote:

hi there ...
  there r 3 ways of doing it :
1- westren union , which you can find local Location
  at westernunion.com
2- using most of libyan banks ( limt 10,000 per year )per
  person , please note that you have to have an account with
  the bank in order for you to transfer the money
3- if you know ppl at the gold market located ( old city )
   these gold stories do transfer money to most of the
  countries

hope that can help

Is the limit of 10,000 per year/per person only if you are transferring through a bank? Can you transfer an unlimited amount per year through an exchange companie (ie: Western Union)?

Thanks!

Sandman6 wrote:

3) Rather you than me, these people are vultures, I wouldn't trust them to pass on a dose of the clap

#2 is not entirely true.  Some companies have arrangements with local banks for foreigners to get accounts.  Check with your company.

The best scenario in my opinion is to have your salary paid in your overseas bank account and (if your company permits) take LD cash advance against salary every month for the usual monthly expenses.

What is limit of shifting money to home country from libya in one month?
Western Union will cost 15 dollars/1000 dollars amount. and with in 10min u can receive the amount from selected destiny.

otherwise above option is good which is suggested by Mr. Siddiqui.

Best way is the option suggested by Mr. Siddiqui, In our case also salary will be deposited in our home country and for local expenses get a money from your employer. And if at all you save that too then question arises about transfer of money, for that western union is good option.

Or just use the bank machine for your monthly Dinar expenses (the one in the entrance of the Corinthia is fairly reliable) or get an account with ABB , they have a branch inside the Corinthia.

Siddiqui wrote:

The best scenario in my opinion is to have your salary paid in your overseas bank account and (if your company permits) take LD cash advance against salary every month for the usual monthly expenses.

Check the exchange rate your employer is using though! It's cheaper for me to take cash from the ATM.

Sandman6 wrote:

Vultures????/

Ahh , ok Your best bit guys use Waha Bank, It is the best. there are accounts for Non-Libyans. These people working in this bank are human and not Vultures and they will do the best they can do to make you satified. Western Union in Libya use standard rates and will not rape you. I have been in many EU  and Ameracas countries and The libyan branch is much much better.  Go specially to Waha Bank in Ghott Elshaal.. no where else..  This is for your help.

Doctor X wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

Vultures????/

Ahh , ok Your best bit guys use Waha Bank, It is the best. there are accounts for Non-Libyans. These people working in this bank are human and not Vultures and they will do the best they can do to make you satified. Western Union in Libya use standard rates and will not rape you. I have been in many EU  and Ameracas countries and The libyan branch is much much better.  Go specially to Waha Bank in Ghott Elshaal.. no where else..  This is for your help.

Sandman is refering to the dodgy characters down at the Souk, and from speaking to my Libyan workmates I have to agree with Sandman's comments. Oh aye you don't work for Waha bank perchance ;)

Clansman wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

Vultures????/

Sandman is refering to the dodgy characters down at the Souk, and from speaking to my Libyan workmates I have to agree with Sandman's comments. Oh aye you don't work for Waha bank perchance ;)

When it comes to the guys working in the souk .. hahah ,, well I have to agree with Sandman as well ,, They are not only Vultures,, they are Alligators.. hahah .

No mate I dont work in the bank But I am their customer and I know what quality of the job they are doing.. Class.

Doctor X wrote:
Clansman wrote:
Doctor X wrote:

Vultures????/

When it comes to the guys working in the souk .. hahah ,, well I have to agree with Sandman as well ,, They are not only Vultures,, they are Alligators.. hahah .

No mate I dont work in the bank But I am their customer and I know what quality of the job they are doing.. Class.

Good man, I will check out the bank if I can find it, thanks again.