Hola Sydney friends - Help a girl out?

Hi All! I will be moving to Sydney in 2 weeks time and have no idea where to start! I would be most appreciative if someone could help me with 2 questions:

1. Where to live? I am not that familiar with the city as I have only been there once. I am a young, single professional that enjoys an urban lifestyle, cafes, nightlife and eateries. I like pubs but I dont want the chaos of living under a nightclub if you know what I mean. Some place nearby to run would be an added bonus and suburbs wont suit me I'm afraid. Can anyone tell me a neighborhood that might meet my needs? It might be helpful to know that my office will be in North Sydney so anything within a 30ish minute commute is ok with me.

2. My second question is regarding scooter safety. Is owning a scooter convenient? I am moving from Malaysia where scooters are relatively unsafe and driving is a bit crazy. Thoughts?

Hello there,

If you want to live close by the action you might want to be close to St Leonards, Neutral Bay or Lane Cove sort of thing (being the close-ish to your work place). There are a couple of parks and reserves where to have a good run.

A bit closer to the city will be Kensington, Darlinghurst or Kingsford which is in a acceptable distance from North Sydney catching the bus to green square or central to then take a different bus or train. Commuting on your scooter shouldn't be too much hassle as long as you are careful.

Finally Rozelle isn't bad at all with a bunch of good restaurants and not too faraway from CBD. But I don't know anything about its public transport.

Sydney drivers aren't the best of the world but you will find it isn't up to the level of most countries from Asia.

Cheers!

Hi there....hope you will love Sydney!!! I just moved here a year ago and I love it!!!! I usually go to the city, Darling Harbour or Surryhills for lunch or diner! When do you get here?