Way and cost of living in Oman

Dear Sir/ Madam,
My husband is being offered a job wid 700 rials/month in Oman (v r yet to know which city). He is B.E. (Civil) wid nearly 4 yrs experience. He is being offered bachelor's accommodation, travel from home to oman, travelling in oman. I wish to get sum guidance from you on few of these points:
1. We wish to go there and stay as a couple. so v wish to rent a separate accommodation for ourselves. I dun hav any job offer ther as yet (I am an Architect wid 2 yrs exp). Can I go ther wid my husband and stay as long as he's ther? wat wud b the formalities i need to know and accomplish like VISA etc?
2. Our intention is to stay together wid a decent middle-class family lifestyle and still save enough money. V dun mind staying in 1 room kitchen (even though im not sure whether any such option is available). Wat all kind of expenses shall v expect and wat shall they be.
Let me help u wid our food backgrounds. V r pure vegetarians and drinking is anytime once or max thrice in a year.
Hope I am being clear enough for you to help me out. Hope to get your reply by tomorrow. Since my husband has to decide and reply by tomorrow latest to the company.
Best regards,
Kittu

wow
700 omr is gr8
and enough for you 2

thanks a lot ash... but cud u plz elaborate on the points i hav mentioned... i really wish to knw... on an average how much v will b able to spend/save... i hope to get sum job ther... but till then a fair idea?
also... if u can tell me... wat wud b the initial steps v need to take care of before moving to Oman from India.. in terms of visa, finding an accomodation, settling ther wid basic utilities etc...
in which localities can v find Indian communities
i think im just overloading u and everybody wid so many questions.. but i hav found this blog-site to b very useful ...n me not able to help my curiosities in understanding how my n husband's life wud b in Oman in terms of everything..
please bear wid me... n thanks once again...

Hai
RO. 700 handsome salary for a fresher(Gulf)
Single bedroom flat will get for RO. 250, Food Ro. 100.
Oman is a nice place to live .... North Indian veg food available in restaurants. You can find sreekrishna and Sive temples. Indian social clubs.

kitkaro wrote:

thanks a lot ash... but cud u plz elaborate on the points i hav mentioned... i really wish to knw... on an average how much v will b able to spend/save... i hope to get sum job ther... but till then a fair idea?
also... if u can tell me... wat wud b the initial steps v need to take care of before moving to Oman from India.. in terms of visa, finding an accomodation, settling ther wid basic utilities etc...
in which localities can v find Indian communities
i think im just overloading u and everybody wid so many questions.. but i hav found this blog-site to b very useful ...n me not able to help my curiosities in understanding how my n husband's life wud b in Oman in terms of everything..
please bear wid me... n thanks once again...

thanks yaa :)
but my husband has experience of 3 yrs 10 months and...will v get well furnished single bedroom flat in 250 RO?