Move to Asia - Hong Kong / Singapore

Dear all,

I'm actually living in Paris and would probably move with family (wife + 2 daughters - 5 & 13 years) in the few next coming months to Hong Kong or Singapore.
As I'm not fixed on where I'll be based, I would be very grateful if some of you could help on both area regarding accommodation, school (French one is my priority), cost of life knowing that my wife will probably not work in the first time.

I'm open to all of your feedbacks and especially on frenchs expats regarding French taxes, local organization or rules with French administrations.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestion on what to do or prepare before coming there.

Best regards,

S.

If you are so adamant on a French environment, stay at home.
Singapore and Hong Kong are some of the most expensive places to live. Renting a flat fit for a family of four will cost you more than in the centre of Paris (and still be much smaller).
You also need to find a job (and then a visa) first, before coming.

Hello Abou1010.

Welcome to Expat.com!

For more visibility, your thread has been moved to the Hong Kong forum.

You can also post your questions on the Singapore forum.

PS: Please avoid copy/paste on the entier forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Canada has a big influence in Hong Kong so there might be some French Canadian schools of influence as well. Also rent is high and you will get a tiny place. Even for 25,000 HK Dollars you might end up with 700 sq feet. You can choose to live away from what is known as Hong Kong which is like 1 hour away or more by bus if you like. Further away from Hong Kong there is more space for your Dollars.