Driving License test

Hi ,

Well yes. It's time to do the DL test.
I'm preparing my file , maybe tomorrow or after it i will do the test.
Guys I have my Lebanese Driving license and an international driving license! would that help in a way ?

International Driving License can;t be converted to a Saudi on right ?
One more thing, I have been told that there is no need to get a letter from the company anymore! is that right ?

Thanks ,

Look up guide section (left hand side)

Answers to your questions are there!!!!

GDF

Just for your info I got my driving licence last week. My UK one was translated and attested I then went along with one of our Saudi HR guys and within an hour I walked out with a Saudi Driving licence valid for 5 years. No test just 30SAR for the translation and 206 SAR for the licence. Job done!

Oh 25 SAR for a blood test!

@ Martin, That is valid for people having UK and US DL's. Apart from that its the same procedure for everybody.

agree wit saimans,

Hello G D F.

I invite you to read these articles about Driver's Licence in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Heyyyyyyyyyy
thanks guys for the replies .
I went there today's early morning and had some attested papers then did a small driving test on automatic vehicle.

Registered for the class but they had no availability for the 9AM class so they had to enroll me in the 3PM one , so NO i'm not going at 3PM , i will go tomorrow at 9AM. although i have tried to convince that teacher if i can do it today but he was so rude . pffffffffff 

I wish tomorrow everything will go smooth.
But they kept my original Lebanese driving license in the file , hope they don't misplace it or something like that.

So far I'm half way ! :)
c yaaa

@GDF Have you brought a letter from your company? I also heard that it was not needed anymore, but not that sure :)

G D F wrote:

Registered for the class but they had no availability for the 9AM class so they had to enroll me in the 3PM one , so NO i'm not going at 3PM , i will go tomorrow at 9AM. although i have tried to convince that teacher if i can do it today but he was so rude . pffffffffff

Bro, You should have gone in the 1500hrs class today only, In that case you could have given your computer test and final actual driving test tomorrow in the mroning by around 0700hrs and could have got your DL by say 0900-1000hrs.

Now since you will be taking the class tomm at 0900hrs, I'm afraid that you wont be able to get the final DL test done tomorrow as the Officials who take this actual Driving test (the traffic police people), shuts their shops early.

So probably the next day you wud take your computer test and the actual half a km or so of Driving test, early in the morning.

This ditto happened with me, But you never know this is MAGIC KINGDOM and you can get it by tomorrow also!!

Good Luck :)

Also Regarding your Original DL being kept by the officials, thats the normal procedure !!! :)

saimans wrote:

@ Martin, That is valid for people having UK and US DL's. Apart from that its the same procedure for everybody.

Thanks Saimans

Accounts for it I also got my UK driving licence back so now have 2 for the next 5 years could come in handy!

Hi everyone:) I have DL from India, UAE & Oman but its meant for automatic cars only!! does this mean I can only opt for the same sort of license or I can go for a mechanical/geared one??

Thanks

Guys just one more thing since I got my UAE driving license in 2007 -so its more than 4yrs now-can I get it converted to INTERNATIONAL driving license?? If so, what is the procedure???

Thanks

@Martin. Did you required translation of both, british driving license and the paper counter part.

RehabDoctor wrote:

@Martin. Did you required translation of both, british driving license and the paper counter part.

My licence is the old paper one, so was easy for me. My colleague had both but I think all the relevant info is on the paper doc is it not. Just be prepared for another blood test this time for your blood group on your licence.

Total cost for a five year licence inc translation and blood test 260 SAR. That gives you a licence to drive anything apart from a motorcycle and a Truck apparently. Assuming you have a manual UK licence.

G D F wrote:

Heyyyyyyyyyy
thanks guys for the replies .
I went there today's early morning and had some attested papers then did a small driving test on automatic vehicle.

I wish tomorrow everything will go smooth.
But they kept my original Lebanese driving license in the file , hope they don't misplace it or something like that.

So far I'm half way ! :)
c yaaa

GDF

Haw did it go getting your Saudi Licence?

Hey guys !
I got my DL and no need for the letter from the company !

G D F wrote:

Hey guys !
I got my DL and no need for the letter from the company !

Fill the Gas and Enjoy Driving and Be safe !!! :)

Thanks Martin

Dear i have recently applied for the dl they have given me the dates of classes 14 th of this month for 5 days ,i am worried as what they will teach me in 5 days as i dnt know the driving also any one please guide me if i can get the Dl in any other way as its too much exasting to have the dl process here in saudi

muzhi wrote:

Dear i have recently applied for the dl they have given me the dates of classes 14 th of this month for 5 days ,i am worried as what they will teach me in 5 days as i dnt know the driving also any one please guide me if i can get the Dl in any other way as its too much exasting to have the dl process here in saudi

Okay.. you guys have GOT to stop calling other men 'dear.'  It's just too weird.  Stop it!

is there any issue to give respect to others if yes the i will not use dear again.

muzhi wrote:

is there any issue to give respect to others if yes the i will not use dear again.

I apologize since this indicates respect in your culture.  But really, when you're speaking English, it just seems very strange to use it in a kind of general sense because it isn't used  as such by native speakers. 

Seriously,  letters may begin 'Dear Mr. Blah-Blah,'  but the term 'dear' isn't used to address people (especially a man speaking to a man) in speech (well, unless you're a grandmother or half of a long-married couple).

hahahaha.....thanks for this elaborated answer. yes you are right actualy english in notmy native language.usualy writes which i read in books .

ok

come the the topic now.do you have any good information for me.

muzhi wrote:

do you have any good information for me.

Ummmm.. what was the question again??  :lol:

Question was,
"i am worried as what they will teach me in 5 days as i dnt know the driving also any one please guide me if i can get the Dl in any other way as its too much exasting to have the dl process here in saudi"
So you don't know how to drive and not keen to learn. Only interested in licence?

As we all know, getting something done in KSA is almost always exhausting but you've got to make the big effort and do what is required.

Best of luck.

Driving licence in another way ??

RehabDoctor wrote:

Driving licence in another way ??

Nah, getting it in the *right* way, no matter how exhausting :)

@ Rahabdoctor
i know driving i can drive but dnt have much experiance. only the process is exhausting i want to pay exta money for the DL to skip the process if possible.

muzhi wrote:

only the process is exhausting i want to pay exta money for the DL to skip the process if possible.

I disagree, the process is not that painstaking. Its very systematic if all your documents are proper and available and also if you know the ART of driving. Its a 2 day process at the max 3 and if you are working, you might have to take one day leave from the office, at the max.

And I'm sure when you would get the DL in the right way, you would have a peace of mind !!

Good Luck !! :)

saimans wrote:
muzhi wrote:

only the process is exhausting i want to pay exta money for the DL to skip the process if possible.

I disagree, the process is not that painstaking. Its very systematic if all your documents are proper and available and also if you know the ART of driving. Its a 2 day process at the max 3 and if you are working, you might have to take one day leave from the office, at the max.

And I'm sure when you would get the DL in the right way, you would have a peace of mind !!

Good Luck !! :)

Since when driving is an art? :lol:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
saimans wrote:

I disagree, the process is not that painstaking. Its very systematic if all your documents are proper and available and also if you know the ART of driving. ...

It depends on what you're driving!

ghanshyampdave wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
saimans wrote:

I disagree, the process is not that painstaking. Its very systematic if all your documents are proper and available and also if you know the ART of driving. ...

It depends on what you're driving!

And where you are driving and if it is KSA it is an ART !!! :lol::lol:

great ART...!
actualy i dnt have licence from native countery thats they have given me school for 5 days and you know my office is at Exit 18 and my school is olaya driving shool:mad:.

because the neer one was full and they were giving me the date for shcool after two months.

@saimans i am driving a car.

muzhi wrote:

great ART...!
actualy i dnt have licence from native countery thats they have given me school for 5 days and you know my office is at Exit 18 and my school is olaya driving shool:mad:.

because the neer one was full and they were giving me the date for shcool after two months.

@saimans i am driving a car.

Maybe you would be better off in a Taxi!

i want to pay for diriving license .to get it in ilegal ways

muzhi wrote:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!   NOT a good idea!

muzhi wrote:

Not Advisable !! And I'm sure, nobody would guide you to get the DL in a wrong way, atleast on this forum ....