Hello from DLynn

Hello everyone!

I`ve been in Belgium quite awhile, (more than ten years) but I found this forum and thought I`d register and give a little
hey y`all. (Don`t worry that`s the only country girl slang anyone will hear out of me here);)
I`m happy here but I sometimes do miss the company of fellow Americans...that and the food back home.

DLynn.

Hi DLynn!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Well you live near brussels and they are stores there were you can get american food

Thank you so much Armand! :)

hannahhadman wrote:

Well you live near brussels and they are stores there were you can get american food

Oh really? Where? I know the center of Brussels okay..any stores there?

Oh and please don`t get to angry if I sometimes take a bit to answer..I can`t always get online every day.

DkLynn

Sadly I never step foot in bruseels if I can help it. Appently theres a gb near one of the train stations that has a world food section. However I will ask my friend who buys stuff from bru all the time. We were discussing it the other day

Ah yes those GBs I go there often in Brussels central but never really take the time to actually look at the world foods section.
Usually get in get a bottle of something to drink and get out to catch the train. Next time I`m there I`ll take a closer look.
Probably won`t be cheap though..but will that stop me???HUmm I don`t think so. Not If I can find a box of of craft Mac and Cheese.
Thankx for the info. :) Where you from in Britan?

You find international foods in so many of the supermarkets in Brussels, in the Carrefours, Delhaizes, even some Match supermarkets. It depends on what you are looking for, if you'll find it.

DKLynn wrote:

Ah yes those GBs I go there often in Brussels central but never really take the time to actually look at the world foods section.
Usually get in get a bottle of something to drink and get out to catch the train. Next time I`m there I`ll take a closer look.
Probably won`t be cheap though..but will that stop me???HUmm I don`t think so. Not If I can find a box of of craft Mac and Cheese.

Im from North East England up near Newcastle etc. However im not sure they sell the international food outside of bruseels as my gb etc here dosnt have a world food section lol. But not that that matters i take trips to dover for food

hannahhadman wrote:
DKLynn wrote:

Im from North East England up near Newcastle etc. However im not sure they sell the international food outside of bruseels as my gb etc here dosnt have a world food section lol. But not that that matters i take trips to dover for food

Staying on the food topic there is a great little place tucked away in Evaberg,(pretty close to Zaventem)called StoneManor, they are a British supermarket. I work close by sometimes in Kortenberg and try get down whenever I can, you can get most everything that you'd find in a regular supermarket, they do the Waitroes brand food, along with the likes of Heinz beans, PROPER bacon and sausages (probably the only food I miss form Ireland) and they even have an Argos catolouge service.
The only problem I have is I use public transport and getting from there back to hasselt with bags/boxes of grocery's is not very train friendly :D

I know there is a British shop in Antwerp not far form the Grote Markt but I have not been there yet

Yeah but shes looking for american food

hannahhadman wrote:

Yeah but shes looking for american food

It's amazing what a google search will come up with :D

Not exactly in Brussels but in Belgium nothing is ever more than an hour or two away
http://www.theamericanfoodstore.com/index.html

:o Holy Flaming S**t bunnies!!!!!! An american food store in Belgium!!!????? Jemmy dude I worship the ground you walk on. :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

I literally have tears in my eyes right now.

Now to whine, wheedle and demand that the hubby take me there.

Thanks so much

Dena

DKLynn wrote:

:o Holy Flaming S**t bunnies!!!!!! An american food store in Belgium!!!????? Jemmy dude I worship the ground you walk on. :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

I literally have tears in my eyes right now.

Now to whine, wheedle and demand that the hubby take me there.

Thanks so much

Dena

Glad I could help!!!!!

Your lucky I suck with google