Alex Beukes ..... Missing

Anyone know Alex Beukes ?  He made the best biltong of all USA exSa's

All contact numbers that I have don't graft.
Anyone know him ? Or where to get him.
Hope he is OK
Please email me if you know.
Dankie

Joel

Hi Joel.I have been buying biltong from Alex for many many years now. He made biltong and some other products with his wife. Unfortunately about a year ago I believe that his wife divorced him and there was a rumor of an affair as the cause. Until about a year ago he was extremely reliable and somewhat promptly mailed out his products. However, about 3 months ago I spoke to Alex and placed an order for 2 pounds of biltong. Despite numerous promises I never received it. I asked Alex for a refund and he told me he was having financial problems and I should be patient. Needless to say no refund was received. I contacted Visa to file a dispute and I assume that the charge will be reversed. Alex's telephone # is 623 910 0277. I believe that he still answers his calls.

Thanks for the note and tel number. I too spoke to him twice recently -- all sorts of promises but no action. It's been two years since stealing my money !!  Fucking chatis ganif !!  Great biltong though !!  Will call him again.

Yup So he did it to you too. I didn't know he was doing it for so long. Unfortunately it turned out that he was indeed a ganif....   How did you pay for your order? Was (or is) there any way you can challenge the payment? I don't know how long one has to contest a charge on Visa or MasterCard but its worth a try anyway. My guess is that he is still accepting orders and just not sending the goods out. His biltong was terrific and I'll miss it.......   Cheers    Louis

Are you related to the Alpersteins in Chicago ? That's where  we live

Hi Joel  I'm originally from East London and some of my family still live in South Africa. I do have relatives who spread out to Australia, California, Florida and New York but as far as I know, not Chicago. It's kind of an unusual name but it can be difficult to trace the recent boughs of the tree.

Closed